Zotac GTX 480?

It's going to be nVidia reference design, made in an nVidia contracted factory. Zotac just slapped some stickers on it and is supporting it for nVidia. All 480's run REALLY HOT, but it's not going to run any hotter than the others because it's exactly the same.

Warranty/service, can't comment on.

As of this moment there are no custom 480/470 GTX boards. They're all reference designs and built by NVidia/Flextronics.

It could be just a bad board.

It's going to be nVidia reference design, made in an nVidia contracted factory. Zotac just slapped some stickers on it and is supporting it for nVidia. All 480's run REALLY HOT, but it's not going to run any hotter than the others because it's exactly the same.

Warranty/service, can't comment on.

this.

all you pay for these days is the warranty service, other than that all the reference cards are the same, and in most cases the non reference models are cheaper components and not something to bother with.

So don't overclock the card then - does every component in your system have to be over-clocked?

Essentially third party manufacturers just break out the spary paint gun and print you out some warranty papers. They are essentially the same as reference nvidia boards. When the OC'ed editions come out then you have different BIOSes preset with higher clocks.

I have a zotac, has lifetime warranty just like evga or xfx. But just like everyone said, they are reference coolers, and gtx 480 is hot period. heat is not specific to Zotac gtx 480. I got mine running at 800core and the temps go to 90-93 with furmark, and low to high 80's depending on the game. I have seen the reviews report higher on all different brands.

Zotac is a brand owned by PC Partner, who also own Sapphire.

I don't know what you can take from that, but they aren't exactly small fries.

Zotac offers lifetime warranty and have excellent RMA exchange too I believe.

Just ordered me a Zotac GTX 480 from the egg. :) Just hope it doesn't cause a nuclear meltdown when I plug it in!

Order SummaryQty Product Description Price
Order #: 99499022
1 ZOTAC ZT-40101-10P GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Item #: N82E16814500156
VGA Replacement Only Return Policy $499.99
Subtotal $499.99
Tax $0.00
UPS 3 Days $7.87
Order Total $507.86

never used one of these guys products before.. but just ordered 3 480s.
Seem to have good RMA stuff.. which is all i care about at this stage of the game (as all the cards are the same..)
now... i need to find another koolance waterblock :)

LOL. Congrats, I guess. I'm going to make sure I like the 480 I get first before I commit to buying more. But you're going water anyways, so heat won't be an issue for you. Let us know how your new setup performs, and don't forget to post pics. ;)

I have a Zotac GTX 480. It doesn't run hotter than any other GTX480....

my temps :

Room temp = 22c
-Idle (fan @ default, 44%) = 48c
-Games (fan manually set @ 70%) = BC2 72c, L4D2 = 76c

Also, set @ 70%, the fan doesnt sound any worst than on my previous EVGA GTX 285.
75% is fine also. 80% and more is terrible though, lol.

my card was too new and serial wasn't in their system. But submitted a ticket just like their system said, and they automatically registered my card by next business day end. Great response.

my card was too new and serial wasn't in their system. But submitted a ticket just like their system said, and they automatically registered my card by next business day end. Great response.

Same thing happend to me, and they fixed the issue real fast.

I am just wondering if the problems some have with high temps could be caused by poor air circulation in the case. i will be running an EVGA card for 2 days air cooled i will see the temps. My HAF 932 has excellent air movement. For those having heat issues try opening the case and running any type of fan directly on the card, see if that cures the high running temps

I am just wondering if the problems some have with high temps could be caused by poor air circulation in the case. i will be running an EVGA card for 2 days air cooled i will see the temps. My HAF 932 has excellent air movement. For those having heat issues try opening the case and running any type of fan directly on the card, see if that cures the high running temps

There's a video on youtube that I can't find right now that shows Fermi a lot quieter with a 120mm fan blowing on the exposed heatsink

I've worked with Zotac on a warranty. Based out of CA. Good people...sent replacements right away.

Zotac is a good.....I have a Zotac 8800GTS 512 in my other rig.... it stopped working one day and i was happy that Zotac was quick on the RMA process... received a working replacement in a week time :) . . . .

Zotac is a good.....I have a Zotac 8800GTS 512 in my other rig.... it stopped working one day and i was happy that Zotac was quick on the RMA process... received a working replacement in a week time :) . . . .

Took them over a month on my GTX 280.

Back