ZOTAC GF9300-I-E GPU Problem!

perrosky

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone last night I put together my first ITX system described in this thread and after like 1 hour of use with it just it self down, at first I thought it was the PSU but I research here in the forum and that should be enought power for my sistem. Then I load REALTEMP and notice that my GPU run at 80c without with not load and if I put a HD movie goes up to 92c then I ran prime and it went up to 96 and shut itself down so my guess is that may be some sort of GPU protection do this. I forgot to say that even if I take the system apart the same thing happend.

can this be a bad MOTHERBOARD? or something in my BIOS?

I have not made any overclock and not need to the system is fast enought as it is, please help me with this I can still send it back to the EGG.

It-s the GPU, same as the G-E just overclocked, you need active cooling for it, a slow speed 80mm fan does it for me, now runs happy at 60c

It-s the GPU, same as the G-E just overclocked, you need active cooling for it, a slow speed 80mm fan does it for me, now runs happy at 60c

in the case I have right now the only way to put one will be removing the ssd, so I can't do that I think my choices are change the mobo (I don't want to because it has the features I need) or change the case :( (wich I like because is so small u can fit it everywhere).

:mad:

You can fit a 40mm fan beside it too I've seen that in AVS forums I think, no need for huge airflow, just some airflow

I just order Dynatron P199 80mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler and Scythe SY124020L 40mm Case Fan, to try to fit the ssd ontop of the CPU and the fan ontop of the GPU heatsinc I hope that solve the problem.

Just an update to my GPU Heat problem lastnight I took the heatsink out there was a little mess of thermalcompound there, I clean that up and put some artic silver 5 (all I have) and now the temp drop to 65c idle and goes up to 71c while watching a blue-ray.

The temps still High but at least now the pc don't restart, since the temp stays in the 70c to 78c. I hope I can get them lower with the 40mm fan I plan to put ontop of the GPU heatsink.

What on earth do you guys do with these boards? "Runs happy at 60"??? Mine has never been above 46 with residual air flow, and I haven't even changed the thermal compound. Weird...

What on earth do you guys do with these boards? "Runs happy at 60"??? Mine has never been above 46 with residual air flow, and I haven't even changed the thermal compound. Weird...

What's your setup? That 46° C sounds a bit too good, even if the heatsink sits perfectly fine. ;)

I just installed the board as always and find the heat issue with the GPU it's the first time this happend to me in more than 8 years building computers.

I just put my setup back together took the gpu heatsink out again clean it apply thermal compound AS5, then the new fan (OMG this thing is LOUD compared with the stock intel heatsink) and the 40mm fan next to the GPU heatsink. Temps now are 42 iddle and 51 watching Blue-Ray DVD :D.

The only think that I don't like is the CPU fan :mad: to loud for my taste

an update lastnight I was testing the htpc in my livingroom and when I unplug everything to take it to my bedroom I notice that it was very very hot the entire pc, the case was hot everything.

I took it apart and realize that it was the new cpu heatsink causing this for some reason, so took the new cpu heatsink out and put back the intel stock cpu heatsink while I was doing this I notice that when I put the cpu hs. I was touching and moving the GPU heatsink with the CPU hs; so I realize that may be this was the problem since the GPU hs was alittle up it didn't cool the gpu the right way. so I acomodate the CPU hs. in a way that I didn't touch the GPU hs. and it's working perfectly never go higher of 52 while watching BD disk.

So when you install your CPU heatsink make sure YOU DON'T TOUCH THE GPU HEATSINK. and you won't This issue.

The GELID Slim Silence 775 cpu cooler fits perfect in the M350 and cools the chipset's heatsink well. It makes clicking sounds when the fan speed is turned down though so it isn't the best for a quiet environment. This cooler allows me to fit both an SSD and a 2.5" hdd in the case at the stock mounting points. 125W pico psu can push the system with these, 4GB ram, and an E8400 with no problems with the cpu being loaded to a 30 degree Celsius ambient to cpu delta. Chipset sits around 55 degrees gpu loaded.

I had this problem as well. The retail intel heatsink's cage includes a plastic guide for the fan wire which touches the motherboard's heatsink. The only fix for this is filing or dremeling off that piece of plastic. As others stated, it's very easy to unseat the motherboard's heatsink as it is not very secure at all. After dealing with this problem I expressed my frustration by removing the zotac branding in an effort to improve airflow.

My temperatures are in the mid to high 40s.

Back