ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi (The Next Best Thing for HTPC??)

gist901

Weaksauce
this was posted in another Hardforum, but thought it really deserves to be here as it is so sweet and delicous!!

orignial post
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1384187

Zotac Webpage (Product Description)
http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=299&Itemid=1

Pictures
9300-itx-wifi-4.jpg

Another "Hardforum" eh... bleh :)

Regardless, that's one damned fine looking mobo there, could prove to become a serious contender in the HTPC market.

I wants it. It's just a damn shame it's LGA775... I'd love to put a 920 in something like that. My god.

Hmm... To me, HTPC means stand-alone system for theater playback, ie with tuners etc. A single slot really limits that board for that purpose.

I suggest a new category for such PCs called MEPC, or Media Extender PC, which means system that is designed to stream over a network rather than locally host the media.

Hmm... To me, HTPC means stand-alone system for theater playback, ie with tuners etc. A single slot really limits that board for that purpose.

I suggest a new category for such PCs called MEPC, or Media Extender PC, which means system that is designed to stream over a network rather than locally host the media.
USB tuner, works fine with media center. But yeah, it should come with a tuner.

I thought USB tuners were always less features and lower quality than pci/pci-e cards?

I never have gone to a "real theater" and watched TV. I go to theaters to watch movies. Some people think a HTPC PC should have crossfire 4870x2 so you can play games as well. Just remember though, at its heart...an HTPC is to play videos.

You can put a PCIe 1x card in a PCIe 8/16x slot, right? Shove a Hauppauge 2250 in there and you're golden, no?

Back