Zotac and Mooncakes

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
Bad capacitor design on your brand new Zotac 30X0 card got you feeling sad and... hungry?

Zotac’s got it covered.

Free mooncakes for all affected customers...

3B5B8BB6-2FE3-4F3F-B19A-9E0B4E2A76EF.jpeg

https://videocardz.com/newz/manufacturers-respond-to-geforce-rtx-3080-3090-crash-to-desktop-issues

Can’t help that this came to mind...

Last edited:
LOL, reading as "I've got your mooncake right here. So F-off." - Zotac customer service.

Mooncakes....is that the same as when a hot girl shows off her bare ass? Because if it is, I'm in!

Lol, glad I got rid of my out of warranty zotac 2080 ti yesterday for a decent price. When my fan went out last month, I asked them for a repair quote, they said sorry SOL can't help at all on your own, luckily cc insurance read that as product is borked and no mfg support and gave me a full refund but lesson learnt. I ended up searching the part number on aliexpress, replacing the fans myself for $14 before selling it. Also not buying their 3080s even if they are the only ones available, would rather wait for an EVGA step-up than this crap.

Edit: Looks like they are no better for out of warranty claims anyways: https://forums.evga.com/Out-of-Warranty-RMA-Costs-m2713203.aspx, sure the in warranty claim is much better. Anyhow, with the standard 3 year + 1/2 year cc insurance, I think you're covered well in any case.

Lol, glad I got rid of my out of warranty zotac 2080 ti yesterday for a decent price. When my fan went out last month, I asked them for a repair quote, they said sorry SOL can't help at all on your own, luckily cc insurance read that as product is borked and no mfg support and gave me a full refund but lesson learnt. I ended up searching the part number on aliexpress, replacing the fans myself for $14 before selling it. Also not buying their 3080s even if they are the only ones available, would rather wait for an EVGA step-up than this crap.

I can't believe your CC insurance covered that, makes no sense. Either way glad you got some free cash!

I can't believe your CC insurance covered that, makes no sense. Either way glad you got some free cash!
The manufacturer said in writing we cannot repair your card and offered to replace it with another refurb unit for $xxxx :) Luckily in my case only the fan ended up being bad but could have been much much worse.

Last edited:
I do think it's pretty bad that these firms have no out of warranty repair option. How many folks would be comfortable soldering a bad cap on an out of warranty 1080/1080 ti? I forget where my soldering iron even is...

Last edited:
I do think it's pretty bad that these firms have no out of warranty repair option. How many folks would be comfortable soldering a bad cap on an out of warranty 1080/1080 ti? I forget where my soldering iron even is...

That's kinda what the refurb cards are lots of times. You're basically paying for a repaired card.

Edit: Looks like they are no better for out of warranty claims anyways: https://forums.evga.com/Out-of-Warranty-RMA-Costs-m2713203.aspx, sure the in warranty claim is much better. Anyhow, with the standard 3 year + 1/2 year cc insurance, I think you're covered well in any case.

How the heck was your 2080ti out of warranty? the release date for 2080ti was Sept 27 2018, do they not give you 3 year warranty? was it even 2 years when the fan died?

I like mooncakes without egg yolk in them.....for Chinese New Year.
Maybe I'll eat 1/4 of one at my grandmother's.

Zotac, meh, never been into them as a brand.
I've consumed more mooncakes than Zotac products over the past ever.

FE 30x0 is going to be the safe bet.
AIBs are best served to push out increased RAM skus that are "reengineered".

Last edited:
Back