Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '[H]ot Deals Discussions' started by sfsuphysics, Dec 1, 2015.
Deal dead, gotta go quick!
I might have to bite on this, seeing the eVGA cards aren't going down in price.
Well they have... it just matters how fast you can act. They had a 970 FTW+ ACX2.0+ that was at $304 before discounts, but that was sold out. I almost bit on SSC acx2.0+ card for $329, but right as I went to checkout (after all info was entered) it was "nice" enough to tell me the card wasn't available. Even though it still listed, some very disgruntled back and forths I found out it's just how their software works and when there are "more options" they won't say out of stock unless all options are out of stick, kind of shitty. But I'm happy that happened, because I just kept glancing at the search result for gtx 970 every hour or so, and I almost skipped over the $245 price as my mind was focused on it being 345 similar to the other cards, threw that thing in the cart quick style.
My experience with that site (over the past week or 2) is if you see something at a super low price, don't hesitate.
Checking out and...by the time I get done enetering details..."Item not available"
I'll edit the original post
smh this is BS
jet jacks up their prices, they have a 970 for that's $70 off plus $50 coupon and it's still over $300.
Yet if you're willing to sit on JET for days refreshing the god damned page you get a good deal. WTF who has time for that shit?
It's just random inventory, and no you don't really sit there and refresh. You just check back every now and then. You sound pissed and I'm not sure why. That's just the way the site works and has always worked.
I have gotten a great deal on a Zotac AMP Extreme from their site. Came in at 600$ total, and it was an excellent card. Too bad it had fan rattle so I had to return it. Sigh. Returns take a while though. They haven't refunded me yet. At least shipping back was free.
I have to say this entire post seems pretty contradictory.
1) I've seen a few deals posted from jet, and each time it was dead, so it appears like you do really need to sit there and refresh
2) He didn't sound mad to me, you on the other hand appear to have a chip on your shoulder.
3) An excellent card with a bad fan seems like not such an excellent card.
And judging by your user name, I almost wonder if this was all intentional.
I don't even... okay let me just... go into this I guess. It will be the only time I'm ever going to talk to you from this point forward anyway.
1. Yes, that's because of the way their inventory works. Their deals are changing because none of the stock is guaranteed. It's ever changing. So yes you can be silly and sit there and refresh, or you can simply search for the product it whenever you have time, and look at what deals they have. You find a good deal, great. You don't, you don't. It's RNG. It's a waste of time to sit there like a hawk on any one deal.
2. Really? I know this is a tech forum... but really? You can't read the tone in a post at all, can you? The person who used several cuss words and ended his post with one, and made a previous post that was similar, does not sound pissed to you. But the person that calmly stated some things with periods and no cussing does sound pissed. Okay really? I know profanity does not mean anger, but generally cussing implies strong emotion, and the post structure was generally one of frustration. Honestly this makes so little sense that if I am actually slightly... oh I don't know what the complex emotion I have to describe right now is. Incredulous? Somewhat vexed incredulity?
3. No, it was an excellent card because it was well designed and well binned, and had a very high base overclock. The fans were simply defective on it. It was just an item that was slightly defective out of the box, and it can happen to any card.
I don't know how you got trolling out of my post, but your points were so asinine that all I got out of yours is trolling. I think I facepalmed once (sometimes twice) for each point, and I decided before I even typed this reply that I would add you to my blacklist. And so I am. Though it was kind of funny at some points, so I'll give you a few points for that. Good day.
Confirmed.... You're the one who's mad.
You could I'm sure, but nothing says you have to, and yeah it's kind of the same way as having some mondo deal posted on SD, then when you finally see it reposted to here 5 hours yeah it's dead.