Zone Alarm and Eset Nod 32

Hi guys,

I am ordering my internet security software tomorrow. I was thinking that maybe Zone Alarm and Nod 32 would be a good combo...or maybe Eset Smart Security Suite? I could get either of those combos for about $65. I could get Norton Internet Security Suite 2009 products for about $30....I hear that Norton's 2009 is a lot better that previous versions. What do you think?

Thanks! I really appreciate it.
infowarrior.45

get the suite, zone alarm from all i recall can be so flakey at times with programs and allowing access and such.

Also, you dont need to sign your posts with your name.... since it is already in your post.

If you're a paranoid tech, zone alarm.

If you're not even a tech, don't use zone alarm. It asks you about everything, some of them are O/S services. Which may be good for techies, but won't be good for others.

I agree. Zone Alarm is just too intrusive and is a serious pain to troubleshoot when there is a problem.

Yup...I've seen ZA cause so many problems on systems.....i'd format my computer if someone installed ZA on my rig.

If you need a 3rd party software firewall, Comodo or PCTools FTW!

For a good all in one suite.....ESS, or yes...you heard correctly...Nortons 2009 product is actually VERY good, lightest out there...under 10 megs system RAM used, it's hard to believe..but they got light!

I use Eset Smart Security. Its all you need. ZA has run its course...it was decent went it started but tried to be too much and bloated.

Thanks for the advice. Hmmm...I can get NIS 2009 for a really good price, and it is supposed to be a little bit better at virus detection/low false alarms than ESET. Wonder if I dare do Norton?

Thanks!

Back