ZOMG! HD3! iPhone Killer??

Rune75

[H]ard|Gawd
27536672.jpg

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://digi.tech.qq.com/a/20100120/000557.htm&ei=Ir5ZS-S0A4qXtgeCqZiYAg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddigi.tech.qq.com/a/20100120/000557.htm%26hl%3Den

Check it out! ZOMG!

I dont buy it... A 4.5" screen with 1280x800 resolution is more a tablet than a phone!

I'm calling big time shenanigans on this. Maybe it's the translation, but it just seems horridly sketchy.

I'll believe it when I see it. Either way, I normally upgrade every time HTC releases a flagship WM device with a keyboard, so I'll wind up getting one anyway no matter what it is.

I posted this rumor to have a lil fun. Anyways, it seems to be true so far. At least nothing screams FAKE yet.

BTW, I hate the phrase "iphone killer" so I look to choke the life out of it.

ifone != WinMo != Android. They all have their separate markets and strengths.

Yeah yeah any half way decent smart phone these days is an 'iPhone killer'. iPhone is well established now, it has hundreds of apps and is being offered from other providers. It'll be a while before the iPhone gets killed.

Screen size and battery size scream gigantic. The HD2 already is big, and this would be even bigger. I just can't really see it as a phone.

What would really be nice is a concurrent worldwide launch (as opposed to just Europe). They should start offering unlocked phones here like Nokia. I don't want to wait or not have 3G for something like that (or a carrier branded one with a bunch of features canned).

Wow...

That is very impressive. That resolution is completely unnecessary though. If true, they should have gone for something like 800*480, and gone OLED.

But damn its nice. Apple has a great business with its service model via the Apple store, so unfortunately everyone else is diving at the scraps, but from a product standpoint, this thing is killer.

Wow...

That is very impressive. That resolution is completely unnecessary though. If true, they should have gone for something like 800*480, and gone OLED.

blasphemy! one can never have enough resolution! I would pay an extra $200 if they cram in 1080p :D

Some of that could be true, but I doubt the screen will get much bigger. I will be picking up the HD2 from T-Mo soon. Hate to ditch the real keyboard, but my Fuse has taken a pounding lol.

I could see them just slapping a real keyboard under an HD2, beefing it up resolution, camera, and internals a little more due to more space and calling it the HD3. I would love one :D

eh? Even if the screen is high enough resoultion, i dont think you can detect the difference between 720p and 1080p at that size.

I'm thinking that the high output isn't for the built in screen, but maybe for the HDMI port to hook up to a monitor? Maybe it's going to compete with the new Zune Phone?

No such thing as an iphone killer. I will believe it once another phone sells 1.7 million in the first 3 days

I'm not buying a 4.5" screen size phone ever, that won't fit well in a pocket.

I'm not buying a 4.5" screen size phone ever, that won't fit well in a pocket.

This might well be a false rumour, but I can easily see a 4.5" display being pocket-friendly. If you look at all the "dead space" on an EVO, there's almost enough room on that chassis to fit a .3" larger screen.

4.5 is getting too big, 4.3 pushes it already, I think its nuts.

If this is real then what the hell OS is it running? There's no way they'd release it with WinMo, the HD3 name wouldn't be used for android, and it doesn't meet the requirements for Win Phone 7.

Back