Zombie Games to hold over til L4D

Anyone know of any other than Zombie Master? I like ZM, but the zombie models and animations are pretty blegh....

I tried CSS Zombie Mod and OMG THE MAPS ARE BAD! :mad:

I was hoping to find something to last until L4D comes out. That and Dawn of the Dead is on Sci Fi tonight :D

Its for the 360 though, but Deadrising is alot of fun. Other than that I dont know of any zombie games.

Zombie Panic and the Zombie servers over on Garry's mod can be great time wasters.

The maps are not bad in CS Zombie, you just happened to be on a server with maps you didn't like.

There are literally hundreds of maps in CS Zombie mod, and all for different times of gameplay. I prefer escape ones personally.

The maps are not bad in CS Zombie, you just happened to be on a server with maps you didn't like.

There are literally hundreds of maps in CS Zombie mod, and all for different times of gameplay. I prefer escape ones personally.

I guess I'll try a few more....I tried out 4 or 5 and out of those...NONE had any dynamic lights. The entire map was lit by one static light up in the sky. The maps looked like 1.6 garbage. :(

I guess I'll try a few more....I tried out 4 or 5 and out of those...NONE had any dynamic lights. The entire map was lit by one static light up in the sky. The maps looked like 1.6 garbage. :(

Zombie maps are played for fun, most of them are amateur made. They are designed around balance and fun moreso than looking pretty.

There are some pretty ones like the spacestation escape map (zombies in a space station, humans have to rush to shuttles to escape).

The entire map was lit by one static light up in the sky. The maps looked like 1.6 garbage. :(

People still base games on how they look? Who cares... as long as its fun. I've played on some plain-jane maps, and it doesn't distract from the entertainment any... at least for me, but I'm a simple man.

People still base games on how they look? Who cares... as long as its fun. I've played on some plain-jane maps, and it doesn't distract from the entertainment any... at least for me, but I'm a simple man.

I agree with you , but the Xbox generation doesn't see things like you and I do, its sad.

Anyways, Zombie panic source is really fun and I urge everyone who likes survival horror to play it, its really well put together and there seems to have a good following.

I agree with you , but the Xbox generation doesn't see things like you and I do, its sad.

I've been playing half life mods since shortly after HL 1 came out. Don't preach to me about how all I care about are graphics. I used to do a lot of map making for CS 1.6 and fiddled around a bit for Insurgency Mod on Source. Most of the maps for zombie mod are made by lazy map makers and they are just garbage.

At least with Zombie Master and Zombie Panic the maps have a feel to them and some atmosphere.

You can purchase Garrys Mod off Steam for $10. With that you can download tons of user made gamemodes. One of which is called Zombie Survival. It is an FPS, it is tons of fun and it has much better maps.

I've been playing half life mods since shortly after HL 1 came out. Don't preach to me about how all I care about are graphics. I used to do a lot of map making for CS 1.6 and fiddled around a bit for Insurgency Mod on Source. Most of the maps for zombie mod are made by lazy map makers and they are just garbage.

At least with Zombie Master and Zombie Panic the maps have a feel to them and some atmosphere.

Zombie mod is not meant for atmosphere. It's meant for gameplay. It's not a professional game. It's quite campy or a horror parody in any case and ridiculous. Gameplay over graphics anyday. Zombie escape maps are the most fun I've ever had on a Source based game.

I agree with you, the maps in Zombie Panic do have a "Creepy atmosphere" to them and are very well made.

I tried several servers playing both Zombie Master and Zombie Panic. They were all filled with idiots who wouldn't shut up on the voice comms and there was zero teamwork.

I'll go back to using the Yombies mod on Armed Assault to tide me over.

Oh, so it was a fairly realistic survival game? :)

I would think.

Honestly, if there was an invasion, there are abotu 3 people I would trust to have my back and not be complete fucking retards and panic all over the place.

Other then that, you better prove yourself before I'll team with you.

Srs. I've thought about it.

I downloaded the 777mb file so like how the hell do I get it to install or whatever I have it in my Source Mods folder and nothing

Back to the OP:

Zombie Smashers X2. It's a $20 indie River City Ransom clone.

Poor graphics and one little control issue on my gamepad (it's hard to run), but it's worth playing for anyone looking for a decent beat-em-up on the PC. Demo is available, try skasoftware.com.

I liked Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes zombie games/movies although it has its flaws.

+ atmosphere (creepy, slow paced)
+ several melee weapons
+ zombies act like ones
+ maps
+ co-op multiplayer (for 15 mins, then it gets boring...)
+ unreal engine (mods!)

- too easy
- weapon damage overall
- missing other survivors (excluding one)

Back