zipzoomfly vs. newegg

spy2520 said:
my experiences with both companies is Newegg says they are shipping when they are really shipping...i have recieved packages from ZZF while the site still says the order is still in the "processing" phase. bottom line all my packages arrived when expected, but ZZF just doesnt provide enough accurate information for me to be confident the order will come when i want it...

That's the thing...I always order from Newegg, and this was my first purchase from Zip. Hopefully they have sent my stuff without updating the "processing" phase Needless to say, from now on I'll pay a bit extra and go with Newegg.

Same thing,

Ordered a Bad Axe 2 over the weekend from ZZF and as of Thursday morning is still showing "Processing". They've ignored my e-mail thus far about it and I haven't been able to get anyone to answer the phone. I am not sure it's in stock eventhough it appears that way on their site. I have heard of them listing items on the website that are not physically in the building but "coming". That could be a few weeks. We will see. I would have waited if I had bothered to read their recent customer reviews at various feedback sites. Waiting a week to two weeks kinda of negates the value of free 2 day FedEx. They offered that because I used Paypal. At this point they have my money and I have squat.

So if you don't mind long wait times and poor customer service I suppose they are fine. If you want timely shipping and good support Newegg is still king.

If Newegg's price wasn't so high on the same board I would have bought it there.

If something changes I'll amend these statements to reflect that.

Blacklash said:
Same thing,

Ordered a Bad Axe 2 over the weekend from ZZF and as of Thursday morning is still showing "Processing". They've ignored my e-mail thus far about it and I haven't been able to get anyone to answer the phone. I am not sure it's in stock eventhough it appears that way on their site. I have heard of them listing items on the website that are not physically in the building but "coming". That could be a few weeks. We will see. I would have waited if I had bothered to read their recent customer reviews at various feedback sites. Waiting a week to two weeks kinda of negates the value of free 2 day FedEx. They offered that because I used Paypal. At this point they have my money and I have squat.

So if you don't mind long wait times and poor customer service I suppose they are fine. If you want timely shipping and good support Newegg is still king.

If Newegg's price wasn't so high on the same board I would have bought it there.

If something changes I'll amend these statements to reflect that.

no telling which of these items they're waiting on. Come Monday I'll call the credit card company and let them deal with it.

ORDER TIME: Sun Nov 26 2006 06:11:14 P.M. PT

ORDER CONTENT:
1 x (241400) Intel BOXD975XBX2KR 975X P4/P4EE/Pentium D/Pentium XE 1066FSB
LGA775 DDR2 ATX Motherbaord w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail ***Free
Shipping*** @ $269.99

1 x (322839) EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express
Video Card w/Dual-DVI, HDTV-Out Retail ***Free Shipping*** @ $489.99

1 x (85026-4) Corsair Dominator Series TWIN2X2048-8500C5D 2GB Kit DDR2-1066
PC2-8500 Memory Retail **Free Shipping*** @ $385.00

1 x (375016) Corsair Dominator Memory Airflow Fan Retail ***Free Shipping***
@ $21.90

1 x (80860) Intel® Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe Processor 2.4GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775,
4MB Cache Retail ***Free Shipping*** @ $310.00

1 x (610757) Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter PC Retail ***Free Shipping*** @
$0.00

------------------------------
SUBTOTAL : $1,476.88
SALESTAX : $.00
SHIPPING : $11.99
TOTAL : $1,488.87
------------------------------

PAYMENT METHOD: Credit Card

SHIPPING METHOD: 2 Day Delivery

i remember the good ol' days when the Egg had FedEx super saver shipping... free almost all the time, that generally equated to 2 day shipping... oh how times have changed...

I've ordered tons of stuff from both places. Most of the time, the shipments are turned around pretty quickly by both companies. I've ordered a lot more from ZZF lately and have had no problems at all. Everything has been shipped within a day or so of the order and the prices have been better on quite a few things over the Egg. I usually just see what's the best price between the two (and ClubIT thrown in for good measure) and order from the vendor with the lowest price(s)... ;)

i personally will never order from ZZF again. I used to preferr them over New Egg but not after my last two experiences. They list items in stock, take your money then order from thier supplier and then drop ship. It is the only explaination for the delays. I can remember calling them on a 4800 that was stuck in processing and finally gettin g the guy to admit they did not even have them in stock.

Nope never again

zipdrive said:
no telling which of these items they're waiting on. Come Monday I'll call the credit card company and let them deal with it.

er maybe you should try calling ZZF?

I just did a $1200 order on the 14th at 10pm, it shipped 3pm on the 16th and I had it on the 22nd.

I just talked to them, as a matter of fact. They said the delay was for verification and they'd be shipping soon. I'd like to have confidence in that statement, but my experience so far won't let me get my hopes up. Apparently some people have good experience with them, like the above poster.

I've ordered from both companies and I give ZZF the nod, Newegg bangs me for taxes since they operate in my state and ZZF's shipping charges are cheaper. Too bad ZZF isn't selling two items I'm currently interested in getting in the near future, newegg will have to be my next choice of buying from.

i used to give my business to Tigerdirect.com, but now i order everything from Newegg.com
Simply the best. Great prices, deals, shipping costs, and great customer service.

Newegg is simply the best :cool:

I've spent over $2500 in the past 4 months from them and haven't had any problems and everything i've purchased has been running without any problems or a hitch ever since past May :D

Denki said:
i remember the good ol' days when the Egg had FedEx super saver shipping... free almost all the time, that generally equated to 2 day shipping... oh how times have changed...

since they have got rid of that program i've done a lot less business with them now.
UPS sucks, and that's neweggs default shipper.

Now i get 90% of the stuff i need at work, we get a discount and usually free shipping.

I like newegg but for me, shipping is almost always cheaper at ZZF. Everything that I ordered from ZZF was quick and packaged well. ZZF ftw!!

There's tax in New Jersey for Newegg :( ; ZZF for me (I also never had a problem with their shipping).

Newegg has always been very solid. I have never ordered from zzf, but wanted to. I might start now though. I am getting sick of Newegg's price gouging on newer items. Look at the Intel Bad Axe 2 on the Egg and then on ZZF. WTF!!!. That is ridiculous.

Also it seems their shipping cost have been creeping higher.

Update.

ZZF shipped the board late Thursday of last week and it is due in today. I don't count weekends so that's three and one half days processing to ship. Not too bad at all for this time of year.

So ZZF is still ok with me and Newegg is the fastest. I am glad I waited and didn't pay the Egg 329usd for this board. From ZZF it was 259usd total because there was no shipping charge and it was indeed sent FedEx 2 day.

I'll update if it's the wrong board or damaged. As of now things are fine.

EDIT: Got the correct board and in good condition. It's a BX2 503. I will install it later and see how it does.

zipdrive said:
I just talked to them, as a matter of fact. They said the delay was for verification and they'd be shipping soon. I'd like to have confidence in that statement, but my experience so far won't let me get my hopes up. Apparently some people have good experience with them, like the above poster.

I have had the same conversation with them on more than one occasion. It can be very hard to get someone on the phone, and anytime that I have had a delay on my order, they have NEVER contacted me either through email, phone, or fax. I have had several overnight orders sit there for two days, and when I call, they give me the sob story about verification. BS. No one else, and I mean no one, gives me the verification BS. "well when were you planning on verifiying the order with me?" Them - "Well we can do it right now if you like"..."OK but when were you going to contact me?" Them - "Well we should have been sending you an email any day now" NICE.. The first time I had this happen, I called after 4 days, and they said oh we need to verifiy the order with you. Huh. You mean the big confirm button at the end of the order process isn't good enough.

Look I have never had them not ship the parts, however, if you are looking for the parts to be shipped within a reasonable amount of time don't bother, newegg might be a few bucks more expensive, but I have yet to have a problem with them.

So while this is off topic for this subforum, as to the topic of the thread...go Newegg.

I have written ZZF off as some place I will ever order from again.

I have been buying from Newegg ever since they started up....I have bought components from other online companies when the need arose, but I always preferred Newegg. Overall, I find them an excellent retailer, from fast delivery to outstanding replacement service. I have always found ther support staff friendly and very easy to work with....overall they are an excellent outfit in my opinion. Before you assume that the staff here gets special consideration, beleive me we don't :)

MajorDomo said:
I have always found ther support staff friendly and very easy to work with....

Yeah, if you have a problem, you can call and talk to someone, usually rather quickly. Or you hve the option of a Live Chat service.

There is something to be said for the feelings (helplessness and anger) you get when you place an order, and a couple days later it appears nothing has been done with it. Then when you call you find it's almost impossible to talk to someone so you can find out what the heck is going on.

Have yet to have the problem with newegg.

Well, I got the order. Everything came except the memory and the fan. On the web site, it says shipped...on the packing slip, both are marked backorder. They still charged the card full price. I spoke to a tech person, he said the computer shows backorder. He said he would e-mail me the expected date, he never did. Have not been able to get thru. Sent 4 e-mails, the last one stating This is their last chance to respond to charging me $400.00 plus for something I never got. :mad:
All I know is, the ZZF debacle has soured me to ever ordering from them again. If it costs me the $400.00, so be it. I'll still dispute the charge with my Credit card company, see if that gets a reaction.

just to throw my 2 cents in about ZZF

theyve always been great for me.. when i built my computer last year i got about 1400 bux of stuff from them, w/ the free 2-day shipping they used to offer. the only delay i had was a cc verification issue [different shipping/billing] and i received a call the next day. no one was home so the call wasnt picked up, but i called em up the next day and i was instantly connected and was able to verify :cool:

most recent order was about 2 months ago, and that was about 300 bux, no issues there.. they shipped the 2nd or 3rd day, dont remember which, and the shipping only took like 3 or 4 days, which is acceptable as its free

Yeah, it's odd to me hearing people having so many issues with ZZF. I guess I've just been very lucky. Last January, I ordered $1200 - 1300 worth of parts for my computer upgrade. Then just a couple months ago I ordered about $900 worth of parts to upgrade my LAN party box. I've made several orders from them prior to all that as well and never once have had an issue. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed... ;)

I love ZZF. Ordered my camera ($300) a month or so ago by money order. It arrived 2 days after the day I ordered it. Newegg takes at least 7 days. I live in CA.

got an e-mail from them...they'll cancel my memory order. Whew! now if they will only credit my card, I'll finally be done with them.
I'm glad so many people have a positive experience with them. There are an equal or greater number that do not. I for one will never order again from ZZF. If one of the components I ordered goes bad, I'll order a fresh part from Newegg rather than deal with that organization ever.
Of course, I'm sure ZZF could give a shit, but I don't care either. I want quick service, reliability, and responsive tech support, and that, to me , outweighs a few dollars difference.
ETA: Just ordered from FrozenCpu.com a Tuniq Tower 120. This is how it should be done. Note the time in the e-mails they sent me....

From:"FrozenCPU.com Customer Service" <[email protected]>
Date:Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:28:10 PM
Subject:Thank you for your order
Thank you for your order #0146769. It is being electronically processed.

Date:Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:30:03 PM
Subject:FrozenCPU.com | #0146769 packing notification
Thank you for your order #0146769. Your order is now in the packing phase

Date:Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:20:58 PM
Subject:FrozenCPU.com | #0146769 has shipped
We are emailing to inform you that your order Tuniq Tower 120 has shipped via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days).

A little less than 4 hours from order to ship. These guys are good!!

I am disapointed in newegg during christmas times :) they are a lot slower than the usual order today get it tomorrow!!

I order an OCZ 600watt gamexstream psu from newegg, two days later with rushed order, still not shipped. Canceled.

Went over to Clubit.com today, order the same thing... but cheaper.. $99!!!! I overnighted fedex it for $3 more than newegg's 3 day UPS price and it is schedule for delivery tomorrow before 3pm LOL.

I too have ben victim of delay this week with newegg. My previous orders are shipped from Jersey almost instantly after I place my order and I have my order the next afternoon,WITH STANDARD SHIPPING !! Now there is a delay but shoud be here today. :D

But could you imaging what it must be like this week for them with everyone wanting thier goodys berore the weekend. Anyone moaning about thier day or two delay should go down to the post office or to UPS stand in line for an hour or two and witness the isht there trying to stuff in those trucks and move.One of those boxes they couldnt stuff in there may be mine or yours but you cant blame anyboby. In fact me and you are actualy to blame if you think about it.

Deffinetly let them know you want to know where your stuff is ,maybee the can make improvements in the furure,but there is no one to blame except well... everybody.

I just got a used, open box Xtreme Music X-Fi from ZZF, after paying full price...

I used to trust them after having a lot of good experiences with googlegear, but this will leave a sour taste in my mouth

New Egg always has preference though.

I generally use newegg. Last week I had to order a few thousand worth of stuff and one of the items was considerable cheaper at ZZF. I decided to give them most of the biz and ordered about $1900 from them and $1100 from NE. Like the OP, I ordered both on Monday morning before they opened. The NE stuff was here on Wednesday. ZZF still said processing. I needed all the stuff by Friday and had ordered it second day, I figured plenty of time. When I FINALLY got someone on the phone (they don't return messages) they said "Oh, your credit card was just verified(2 days later)" NE sends me an email within one minute saying my card was charged.

Anyway, my 2nd day stuff from ZZF didn't get here until the following Monday. And one of the items was a drop ship from their distributor, even though it was listed as in stock on their page. And they were going to hold the whole order for the one item until I told him to ship the rest. That didn't get in until Wednesday.

Over the years I have probably ordered about $10K from ZZF(and googlegear) and over $100K from NE. I have never gotten wrong product from either one and I just got my first bad product from NE last week, a dead PS. I will stick with NE for almost all my needs unless it is something I don't mind waiting a long time for and that is much cheaper at ZZF. NE almost always ships the same day. I actually can't remember the last time they shipped next day. I do wish they would go back to Fedex though.

Back