ZipZoomFly ordering question

BillLeeLee

[H]F Junkie
Just a basic question to anyone who has ordered from ZZF lately. Right after you submit your order, were you asked to click a 'Send Data' button for some window from securesuite.net?

I hadn't ordered from ZZF for a while up until today, so I wasn't sure if the ordering process had changed.

Thanks.

I just ordered a T7K250 two days ago from ZZF and do not recall what you mention. Was it a pop-up? I had a "Verified by Visa" pop-up during my order process, although it did not list a site.

Try calling ZZF if you have a security concern.

Good luck.

setscrew said:
I just ordered a T7K250 two days ago from ZZF and do not recall what you mention. Was it a pop-up? I had a "Verified by Visa" pop-up during my order process, although it did not list a site.

Try calling ZZF if you have a security concern.

Good luck.

Verified by VISA is a common security step in ordering from many online vendors, incl. Newegg. I have never heard of securesuite.net however.

Strangeness. I had to click Send Data to get past that screen, but I contacted them and they said it was the Verified by Visa security check.

That domain name is owned by a foreign person registered at 8 west 38th street, Ny Ny, which is a huge office building.

http://e-names.org/cgi-bin/nfcheckWhois.cgi?fullDN=securesuite.net

Organization:
cyota
yaron shohat
8 west 38th street
new york, ny 10018
US
Phone: (212) 977-5402
Fax..: (212) 977-5457
Email: [email protected]

Is it on the up and up or do you have a browser hijack?

I don;t know but I did not get any popups when I ordered from ZZF week before last.

....it still amazes me that for something like this that's potentially rather serious, folks don't pick up the phone and call the dealer / vendor. Seems the quickest way to find out what's really up.

FWIW - B.B.S.

Stellar said:
Verified by VISA is a common security step in ordering from many online vendors, incl. Newegg. I have never heard of securesuite.net however.

That Verified by VISA thing is a crock. I put in an order to Newegg and I got that Verified by VISA thing. I didnt know the password, (was using the wife's card, she wasnt home at the time) and I clicked cancel so I could wait and ask what it was. Next thing I know I see my order showed up on Newegg at Step 3, order processed and credit card verified. Got the stuff I ordered even though I cancelled out of the Verified by VISA stuff.

How does that work if you cancel out and get the stuff regardless of putting the password and such?

BlindedByScience said:
....it still amazes me that for something like this that's potentially rather serious, folks don't pick up the phone and call the dealer / vendor. Seems the quickest way to find out what's really up.

FWIW - B.B.S.

You're right, I should have called instead, I just wanted some initial response since I didn't feel like calling long distance yet. I'll call them tomorrow regarding the matter.

Anyway, I retraced my steps through the ordering process, and wound up at this page...

example.jpg

I viewed the page source and it mentions securesuite.net. If I click on 'Continue' it brings me to securesuite.net where I have to click 'Send Data'

Anyway, I cancelled my order and will call them tomorrow. I am sure my browser is not hijacked (I run Mozilla Firefox under a Linux system). I use a Visa card from BankONE so that might be it.

Anyway, thanks all. Now I'm just getting paranoid.

Back