ZipZoomfly normally slow?

TimothyB

[H]ard|Gawd
After making the mistake of ordering that ZX GSkill ram that's incompatible with the Gigabyte DS3 mobo I needed something quick to finish my new Conroe system

It was time to overnight new ram as everything in town was going to be $100 more plus tax. I was about to order from Newegg but what I wanted went out of stock as it was in the cart.

ZipZoomFly had the same ram, $4 cheaper, same $40 rebate, instock, and the overnight was $10 less. I was like, all right, I'll order this real quick at 2:30pm before work, same shipping address as billing, figured I'd have it next day, none of the top online companies failed me before.

But dang, by closing at 5:30pm, 3 hours later it was still being processed. Well, one more day isn't going to kill me. So on day 2, today, in the morning they called at 11:30 am to confirm the address, which they didn't hint at all online. I confirm and and it happened so quick I just assumed this means there's no way it was not going ship today when they were doing this as early as 11:30am.

Later I check online and to find it still processing until 3:30pm or so when it changed to packed. Still some time for it to be picked up by FedEx for overnight, they couldn't be that bad, nope, they closed again at 5:30 again, item still as packed as of 7:41pm. Hopefully it has shipped and the site hasn't been updated.

But how can they take 2 days to process and pack the thing and then not get it out, especially when overnight shipping was selected, it's just two sticks of ram. Compared to my 6 item order from newegg, my 3 item order from ClubIT, my 3 item order from Jab-Tech all shipped the same day and made it on time. Now it looks likes like I won't get my overnight item until the 4th day because they had to take 3 days to process a little one item ram order.

Sorry if this the wrong place to post here, but is this the way ZZF normally gets orders out?

Back