ZipZoomFly >= Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i read most of the forums on the internet it seems everyone I talk to buys all their equipment from Newegg.com. I personally normally buy from ZipZoomFly bought my entire system from them and love the service, but the best part is free 2 day shipping on nearly every item they have. Every single thing i ever bought from them has been on my doorstep by 4:30pm 2 days after i click the purchase button. Now the reason for the post is i just made my first purchase from Newegg (The HIS 9800 pro IceQ for only $229 with a Half life 2 coupon, damn good deal for anyone who planned on buying half life 2), Now maybe i've just been spoiled by ZipZoomFly but I am very frustrated with the delivery service of Newegg. I placed my order on Friday at 10:00 am with a credit card with identical shipping and billing addresses and newegg didn't process my order till 2:00pm Sat. Now the real back breaker is they sent out my video card and on FedEx.com it says my Card was in Cleveland (since i live in Downtown Cleveland it can't be more then 10 min away from me) since Sunday at noon. But i'm not going to receive it till Wednesday at 4:30pm,Why???

I just want to let anyone else who hates waiting 5 days for stuff when your credit card was charged for 4 days ago then you should give ZipZoomFly.com a try better service, faster delivery, free delivery and great selection.

No i don't work for ZipZoomFly i'm just a frustrated kid waiting for his 9800pro so i can finally play Far Cry.

Newegg generally gets my stuff out the same day as long as my order has been placed by 12:00pm PST.

now, I live in FL which means most if not all of my stuff comes from their Jersey warehouse and 9 out of 10 times I get my stuff within 2 days even though I always select the free FedEx saver which is supposed to be 3 days.

now, what happens after the package has left Newegg's warehouse has nothing to do with them so you really cant down them for FedEx holding on to your package for so long.

however...

I'm also a big fan of ZipZoomFly because I also love their free 2nd day UPS shipping as well but unfortunately ZipZoomFly isnt always on par to Newegg's prices so thats what has killed some deals with me and them in the past.

Depends what time you order from NewEgg. If you order earlier in the morning, like pre-noon, they seem to process same day/ship same day. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them last Monday and received it Wednesday using standard FedEx saver.

You have to look at when you ordered though.. I'm assuming later in the day Friday. They close normal hours, I believe. They process your order on Saturday and ship it. Fedex doesn't ship ground packages on Sunday, IIRC. Seeing how it is very close, you may end up getting it sooner. You can't trust FedEx's expected date when it's that close. Mine said I wouldn't receive it till two days later than I actually did.

I'd suggest not getting a sour taste of NewEgg until the experience is completly over.

Weekends don't count. You are lucky that newegg works on the weekends and already processed your order and got it all ready for FedEx to pick it up.

FedEx just shows they received your package on the manifest, but they haven't gone to pick it up yet.

Again, weekends don't count in shipping time. Believe me, I work for a large mailorder house myself.

The only time weeknds count is when you order something for Saturday delivery.

So, you palced your order on Friday and it gets delivered 3 business days later. Not a bad deal in my book. And knowing FedEx Ground service, you will probably get the package today, Tuesday.

Service is certainly not as good at zipzoomfly as it is at newegg. Try to RMA a motherboard that is DOA at zipzoomfly, its nearly impossible if you want to get your money back, they want to hit you up with a restocking fee, and make you pay for shipping. At newegg I had the same thing happen with a DOA motherboard and I sent it back, got FULL refund, including shipping cost.
Newegg knows how to take care of customers. Saving a couple of dollars isn't worth the potential hassle you'll go through if you get a bad product. If you REALLY need a computer part immediatly you should be biting your lip and purchasing it local, or paying for next day air. Then again maybe its only the older generation that has no problem waiting 3-5 days for some PC parts to arrive :p

i have ordered from newegg.com many times and only once did it take more then 2 days
to arrive. but if your the type that cant wait, just pay the extra 2 or 3 bucks for their speedy
order processing service!
i ordered my entire new system on a monday afternoon (4pm) and it was here two days later!!
i love newegg, their prices rock! and most of the time their shipping is free!

I just spent a good 700 bucks at zipzoomfly last week. Their prices were almost always lower than newegg's, and their free 2-day air was nice too. But Newegg has them beat when it comes to RMA'ing. Hopefully I won't have any problems with any of the equipment, and it kind of makes me wish I didn't order some of the items I did from zipzoom instead of newegg.

I order systems all the time off newegg and have to say it's incredible. I always place my orders before 11am CST and do next day delivery and it is literally on my doorstep the next day. Out of the 150 or so systems I've purchased I've had one item DOA and that was an oem floppydrive. RMA took care of it flawlessly.

ozziegn said:
Newegg generally gets my stuff out the same day as long as my order has been placed by 12:00pm PST.

now, I live in FL which means most if not all of my stuff comes from their Jersey warehouse and 9 out of 10 times I get my stuff within 2 days even though I always select the free FedEx saver which is supposed to be 3 days.

now, what happens after the package has left Newegg's warehouse has nothing to do with them so you really cant down them for FedEx holding on to your package for so long.

however...

I'm also a big fan of ZipZoomFly because I also love their free 2nd day UPS shipping as well but unfortunately ZipZoomFly isnt always on par to Newegg's prices so thats what has killed some deals with me and them in the past.

Totally agree...Charlie please stop whining.

Dan UCF said:
Service is certainly not as good at zipzoomfly as it is at newegg. Try to RMA a motherboard that is DOA at zipzoomfly, its nearly impossible if you want to get your money back, they want to hit you up with a restocking fee, and make you pay for shipping. At newegg I had the same thing happen with a DOA motherboard and I sent it back, got FULL refund, including shipping cost.

BINGO Zipzoomfly used to be Googlegear. They sucked then and they suck now. I bought 2 Raptors from them, One was defective. I had to pay to ship it back, even though I got it bad. Then they tried to blame me for it. after getting jerked around for 2 weeks, I finaly got credit for it, BUT GOT CHARGED A RESTOCKING FEE .. for a defective drive,I finaly after 29 days of arguing with them, I did a reversal on my credit card. they did everything possible to get me past the 30 mark so I could not do a charge back. They failed, and it will be a cold day in hell before I use them again!

This is some good discussion but it's the wrong forum to do it in.

Locked for being offtopic.

--KK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back