• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

zipzoomfly neopower sleeved?

bench261

Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
573
i was wondering if anyone bought one recently from them and if it came sleeved...thx
 
Try calling them tomorrow: (510) 739-1890
 
i thought about it, and emailing them as well...but i read somewhere on the site that they don't answer technical sales questions. i was thinking that their price on it and shipping seems to be the best that they move alot of those so chances r it will be good
 
why would they take it out of the box and sleve it?

as it comes from antec is how they sell it, and only the main 24-pin power cable is sleved up.
 
if they sell tons of neopowers, then yes they are sleaved, the nepower 1.1 wasnt sleaved, 2.0 is.........doesnt say on box iirc.........i know people bought from newegg and it was sleaved

soulsaver
 
soulsaver_8229 said:
if they sell tons of neopowers, then yes they are sleaved, the nepower 1.1 wasnt sleaved, 2.0 is.........doesnt say on box iirc.........i know people bought from newegg and it was sleaved

soulsaver

thats what i thought too, just wanted to be safe. they seem to have the best combo of price and shipping for it so i thought it be there way of gettin rid of the "old" stock. then again they always had the better deal on it than newegg
 
if they sell tons of neopowers, then yes they are sleaved, the nepower 1.1 wasnt sleaved, 2.0 is.........doesnt say on box iirc.........i know people bought from newegg and it was sleaved

Do you mean the ATX 2.0 version? If so mine was not sleeved, though I didn't get it form Newegg, Compusa, needed it in a hurry, my other one quit working. :eek:
 
Got mine from CompUSSR and it was all sleeved. Well all but one small molex connector for a fan :D
 
Why the hell weren't mine? It frigin figures that I'd get one that had not been sleeved. How do you know if you have a so called version 2?
 
gman said:
Do you mean the ATX 2.0 version? If so mine was not sleeved, though I didn't get it form Newegg, Compusa, needed it in a hurry, my other one quit working. :eek:
nono, the sleaved version is called 2.0, the non sleaved is 1.1..........nothing to do with the PSU at all other then sleaved/nonsleaved.......

soulsaver
 
gman said:
Why the hell weren't mine? It frigin figures that I'd get one that had not been sleeved. How do you know if you have a so called version 2?
V 2.0 is sleaved.......thats the ONLY diffrence :p


soulsaver
 
Does it state somewhere on the PS that it's version 2.0? I'm kinda pissed that I just got it not 2 months ago and it wasn't sleeved, now I'm peeved! Sorry had to do that. :eek:
 
Are you sure Antec is sleeving this? Has anyone spoken to Antec? Just curious.
 
My Neopower didn't come sleeved :(

So I bought a pack of sleeved cables from performance-pcs for $15 :D
 
gman said:
Are you sure Antec is sleeving this? Has anyone spoken to Antec? Just curious.
yes, there is a new version of the Neopower that is the same exact specs, just sleaved with black.......minus the 5v i think? fan molex'es and psu fan probe

soulsaver
 
I got my Neo 2.0 (sleeved) from a small counter-like computer store a few months ago, they ordered it from Antec specially for me. It wasn't on their price list, but they dealt with Antec products anyways...

Anyways, I was surprised to see it was fully sleeved, since all reviews I saw at the time mentionned it wasn't. Looking at the box though, I don't see distinctive markings indicating sleeving. Heck, even cables pics on the back aren't showing sleeves.

So, unless ZZF has tons of NeoPowers, or don't rotate their stock, you should get a sleeved one.

EDIT: There's "12V | ATX | 2.0" printed in the lower left corner of my Neo box, I guess 1.1s boxes don't. :confused:
 
Hexus0 said:
My Neopower didn't come sleeved :(

So I bought a pack of sleeved cables from performance-pcs for $15 :D


Does anyone know how to sleeve the SATA lines?? There doesn't seem to be a way of removing the SATA molex....... AT ALL !! Am I gonna have to use split loom??? That'll look dumb. A Seasonic with blue UV sleeving, and two SATA lines with split loom :(
 
Scroatdog said:
Does anyone know how to sleeve the SATA lines?? There doesn't seem to be a way of removing the SATA molex....... AT ALL !! Am I gonna have to use split loom??? That'll look dumb. A Seasonic with blue UV sleeving, and two SATA lines with split loom :(

I would think Performance-PC's would have had the little "crimp on" SATA connectors. Like the ones that come with the Antec NeoPower? That would do the trick.
 
jonnyGURU said:
I would think Performance-PC's would have had the little "crimp on" SATA connectors. Like the ones that come with the Antec NeoPower? That would do the trick.


My Seasonic has no "crimp-on" SATA connectors. They don't look removable. Oh well. :(
 
Scroatdog said:
My Seasonic has no "crimp-on" SATA connectors. They don't look removable. Oh well. :(

i think he's talking about a seperate purchase, like these that you crimp on to the existing cable where you want them. i've not used this brand, but it was a quicky link :)
 
Thank you. That is what I was talking about. A separate purchase.
 
Scroatdog: on the underside of the connector, there's little plastic tabs that if you take an eyeglass or jeweler's screwdriver, you can GENTLY pry them up and slide the cable out. The key word being "gently" as they are very easy to snap off.

At least that's how I did mine...
 
mj007 said:
Scroatdog: on the underside of the connector, there's little plastic tabs that if you take an eyeglass or jeweler's screwdriver, you can GENTLY pry them up and slide the cable out. The key word being "gently" as they are very easy to snap off.

At least that's how I did mine...


I'll have a look and see if it's doable. If not, I'll just split-loom them and call it good.

Sleeving your own PSU has got to be the biggest PITA ever. Never again.
 
Sorry I'm late getting to this.

Originally NeoPower 480 only had sleeving on the main ATX power connector. We got enough comments/complaints about the other cables not being sleeved that we made an inline change to sleeve the other cables. This was several months ago. However since we can't control stock at the various places that sell the NeoPower480 some likely had the older version in stock (whether in their own warehouses or in distributor warehouses) mixed in with the new stock. So it's entirely possible that a CompUSA on street A has the old version and one on Street B has the sleeved version.
 
AntecRep said:
Sorry I'm late getting to this.

Originally NeoPower 480 only had sleeving on the main ATX power connector. We got enough comments/complaints about the other cables not being sleeved that we made an inline change to sleeve the other cables. This was several months ago. However since we can't control stock at the various places that sell the NeoPower480 some likely had the older version in stock (whether in their own warehouses or in distributor warehouses) mixed in with the new stock. So it's entirely possible that a CompUSA on street A has the old version and one on Street B has the sleeved version.

That's kinda unfair though isn't it? I could understand maybe you have a new version 2.0 come out and it shows on the box it's sleeved, but nothing mentioned on the box and you don't know which your getting. Or does it mention it? Also, why can't Antec send out to their buying public that they've made a change. If some people new that then they might buy an Antec Neo sleeved before they bought another brand sleeved.
 
i'm sure they don't want the pressure from all their retailers who now can't sell existing stock of the old version and want to send it back. It's nice that they changed it at all, so in my opinion that is "fair."
 
I just got the NeoPower from Buy.com and all the cables except the 4 pin 12V CPU power cable were sleeved. Nice job on the sleeving I might add. Also, as another bonus, they included 2 PCI-E cables - presumably because the power supply can handle SLI even though its not explicity certified to do so.
 
ramuman said:
I just got the NeoPower from Buy.com and all the cables except the 4 pin 12V CPU power cable were sleeved. Nice job on the sleeving I might add. Also, as another bonus, they included 2 PCI-E cables - presumably because the power supply can handle SLI even though its not explicity certified to do so.


Well, I plan to buy the new NeoHE 550 when it's available. I hope the one I get is sleeved! :eek: TechOnWeb has them listed, but none in stock yet.
 
Back
Top