Zerotherm NV120 Insulating Tape

edliu512

Weaksauce
Hi, I just installed this cooler on my E8400, I was wondering if the insulting tape on the back plate will degrade over time due to heat since it is made of plastic? Because I am worried if it degrades, it could cause the metal plate to come in contact with my mother board and cause problems.

I think I was reading about something like this today. I didn't read it all so this may not even be related but here it is...
http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/02/20/cpu_cooler_charts_2008/page15.html

Also, how do you like it?
I'm gonna upgrade soon. Most likely a P35 + e4500 (Oced to ~3.2ghz) and i'll need a good fan. I was thinking about the Nirvana.

I'm a little worried that it might not fit in my case, do you mind sending me the link to your case because I assume it fits in your case just fine.

I have coolermaster Centurion case and it fits no problem. The only thing is the fan is running at max speed, and i haven't figured out how to adjust the fan speed with software control, because i don't want to use the ugly manual control unit.

I have coolermaster Centurion case and it fits no problem. The only thing is the fan is running at max speed, and i haven't figured out how to adjust the fan speed with software control, because i don't want to use the ugly manual control unit.

See if there is any kind of smart fan control in bios. Some come disabled.

Ahh ok. Our cases are about the same size. Your case is barely bigger so I shouldn't have much trouble with a new HSF.

How much clearance would you say you have from the tip of the fan/heatsink to the side panel?

Thanks man.

Back