Zepharus stole $500 from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleanBnprt

Weaksauce
Money has been refunded. Zepharus contacted me and explained the situation. There was no intent to defraud.

Last edited:
I can tell you I surly wouldn't wait almost 6 months before taking some serious action, not the greatest on your part, unfortunately I believe you can't do anything except for learn from this

Too bad you waited this long to post this thread or file a dispute,either way this guy is definitely not some I would ever want to deal with,just for the fact that he waited so long to even say that he would refund you the money.

Couple of things that you should do right away;
One, contact one of the moderators like Crosshairs and have him PM this member. Be sure to point the moderator to this thread.

Two, leave a very crappy negative feedback on his Heatware explaining what happened so anyone else looking to trade with him will see it.

If you still don't hear anything from him, and since you both live in the same state, file a civil suit against him in court! If that occurs I would file for about $2500 to cover your wasted time and effort as well as the original $500.

If you used a CC you might be able to dispute through them.

Mate , it's a shame about that seller. You could have used paypal and you still would have been covered due to their 180 days policy.
You should file a civil suit against him as stringer608 said.
Hope you get back the money you paid.

lawsuit. same state makes it super easy.

Like other people have stated here. You need to get the mod to pm him showing the thread is here about him. Perhaps it will get the ball rolling. Being it has been 6 months about all they can do is ban the guy now. You getting your money back is going to be a 50/50 chance now. Just depends on him now and that isn't looking well.

But since you are close to him. Perhaps meeting him somewhere. Find out where he works and let his boss, employer know what he has done. And file the civil suit will also work. Make sure you leave feedback on his heatware right now. Maybe it will stop other people from getting their money taken. I wish the best for you on the outcome now.

P.S.
Amazon payments was stopped a while back. But since it was 6+ months back it was understandable. But yet we still have people asking for amazon payments here even though it was stopped months ago. I still see people asking for these payments with zero protection to the buyer. Even after Amazon sent out the email stating it was stopped. A new rule or sticky needs to be placed for this.

Last edited:
If you used a CC you might be able to dispute through them.

You can do charge back i think up to 6 months. I had an issue with some car part company. They sent me wrong part, then shipping lost and other crapps. They almost dragged it to 5months. THen I did a charge back and got my money back. Call your credit card company and explain them what is going on.

Very strange UPS shouldnt be able to reject a insurance claim if its shipped from a ups store. I would have fought that a LOT harder.

Very strange UPS shouldnt be able to reject a insurance claim if its shipped from a ups store. I would have fought that a LOT harder.

The only way I've found to get UPS to accept responsibility is to have them pack it with their materials at the store. I had 30k worth of equipment damaged that was packed in the original boxes and with the original packing material to ship between datacenters that was rejected because UPS said the packing job wasn't good enough.

I had a $1500 tv damaged by ups and since it was boxed by the ups store, they paid for it.
I've also had a double-boxed amplifier that was damaged and ups paid for it as well. Both of these were over 5 years ago and maybe they don't pay now as well as they once did for items damaged in shipment. The payment on the tv was in approx one month and a couple of months on the amp.

Will refrain from beating you up too much on waiting so long for a resolution no matter the cause.

That doesn't excuse the seller for failing to return any messages in a while. Sounds like he is not concerned any longer about the issue. Perhaps having a mod send him a message along with this thread he will mysteriously get back with you and get it straightened out.

I still wonder why no heatware has been left also? It states the 11th but he could have easy logged out and browsing the forum not logged in also. Hopefully he will straighten out the mess and refund the money to the o.p.

Gawd

Last Activity: 12-11-2014 08:23 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've posted negative feedback to his Heatware and I've notified Crosshairs about this thread. I'll be calling my cc company next and if that fails I intend on taking him to court.

Dont waste time. It is approaching to 6months mark. After 6 months, you wont be able to do it

All I can say is wow. I always fear for this happening to me or others.
At least the ball is rolling, I wish the best to you. You will end up on top. No matter how long it takes.
I have been fighting a Lemon law car Claim for about 6 months or more now and still nothing is happening. It's upsetting but keep pushing.

wow, I'm glad I couldn't work out a deal with him for one of those monitors. I was hot on his ass to get one but things just didn't work out

Just for an FYI if you ship anything UPS that cost a bit have them pack it. Yea it might be an extra 20 bucks but it's worthe it. Shipped a custom water cooled pc to a guy and had them pack it. Guy said it was broken and beat up. They paid out on it np. Guy did keep the pc and nothing was wrong with it saw him posting pictures of it on anoughter forum a few months later. So he got his money back and kept the pc.

Just for an FYI if you ship anything UPS that cost a bit have them pack it. Yea it might be an extra 20 bucks but it's worthe it. Shipped a custom water cooled pc to a guy and had them pack it. Guy said it was broken and beat up. They paid out on it np. Guy did keep the pc and nothing was wrong with it saw him posting pictures of it on anoughter forum a few months later. So he got his money back and kept the pc.

Wow! User name if [H]? Would like to add him to my DNT list...

Where is Zepharus at? I mean 5 days and a no show is really sad now. It honestly looks like he could care less about.

It honestly doesn't matter what YOU care about. The thread isn't about you at all. Plus you didn't have a deal/trade with him. We want a update from NapoleanBnprt. As he is the one with the issue from Zepharus. I'm sure everyone here would like to know if he got banned for this or what is going on. If NapoleanBnprt was about/going to get his money back from the CC people he does business with.

Plus no mod has even came in here and said a thing about Zepharus. So a update would be nice at this point and time.

*couldn't care less. Just saying.

Ah he was correcting his wording of could care less to couldn't care less. Dude take a deep breath and chill. Take whatever necessary legal actions against this member.

I'm fine but all this crap flying off about the other guy doesn't help matters at all. This doesn't solve nothing period. We are past the part of taking legal actions. That is why we need a update on the thread. that is why I asked the o.p. But yet everyone else keeps posting stuff. Member is still here also. It seems a lot of action needs to take place.

Ah he was correcting his wording of could care less to couldn't care less. Dude take a deep breath and chill. Take whatever necessary legal actions against this member.

Just because a moderator is not posting here, does not necessarily mean that no moderator is involved.

if the OP wants to update this thread, he will..in the meantime, lets not clutter it up with useless drivel.

Since you are in the same state you might also want to take a trip to his county Sheriff's department and file a theft/fraud complaint. He might change his tune if he gets a visit from the popo.

ill bet that does the trick too.....

Since you are in the same state you might also want to take a trip to his county Sheriff's department and file a theft/fraud complaint. He might change his tune if he gets a visit from the popo.

The only way I've found to get UPS to accept responsibility is to have them pack it with their materials at the store. I had 30k worth of equipment damaged that was packed in the original boxes and with the original packing material to ship between datacenters that was rejected because UPS said the packing job wasn't good enough.
I just learned that UPS rejected a claim today regarding a speaker that was sent from their store and packed by their employees. I'll see where it goes from here but UPS and their "insurance" is beginning to look like all the other extra "insurance" plans places like Best Buy sell...which is to say worth less than the paper it's printed on.

I just learned that UPS rejected a claim today regarding a speaker that was sent from their store and packed by their employees. I'll see where it goes from here but UPS and their "insurance" is beginning to look like all the other extra "insurance" plans places like Best Buy sell...which is to say worth less than the paper it's printed on.

Just my 2 cents; this year I received a few high value ($1300 & $1100) claims from UPS with no issue whatsoever. And I'll also note, the items definitely could have been packed better. I don't know how they can even justify turning down a claim if they packaged it. Something missing from this story.

Mate , it's a shame about that seller. You could have used paypal and you still would have been covered due to their 180 days policy.
You should file a civil suit against him as stringer608 said.
Hope you get back the money you paid.

PayPal's 180 day policy only started on purchases made after 11/3/2014. (IIRC)

You can do charge back i think up to 6 months. I had an issue with some car part company. They sent me wrong part, then shipping lost and other crapps. They almost dragged it to 5months. THen I did a charge back and got my money back. Call your credit card company and explain them what is going on.

According to the FCBA, you only have 60 days from the time you received your statement, so ~60-90 days total to file for a charge back for "billing errors" which this falls under - "Charges for goods and services you didn’t accept or weren’t delivered as agreed upon."

Last edited:

http://www.theupsstore.com/pack-ship/Pages/guarantee.aspx

Last time I attempted to use UPS store to ship anything FS/FT related, which I did so specifically because it was larger than USPS balloon size and required insurance, I was told that if the UPS store didn't package it for me that they wouldn't honor the insurance on customer packaging. I thought this was odd given that I was just using them as a UPS dropoff/pickup location since we have no local UPS counter, and this had never been UPS's policy before. The lady said this had always been their policy.

I went to Fedex instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back