Zenith

flegg

[H]ard|Gawd
So the first actual VR game comes out (i consider everything else a lame gimmick) and nobody is even talking about it on Hardforum. Truly terrible times we live in.

This is practically an overall GOTY not just VR GOTY. I lost my headset buyers remorse in one weekend.

I thought about making a thread about it around release but never got around to it.

It's definitely a lot of fun, I'm not sure It'd be near GOTY though. Even with the lore spread out throughout the world it's pretty light on story, the mechanics are great and I love cooking, being able to climb everything in the world is great, although leads to some glitches and falling through the maps, combat is fun as well.

It is something I throw a good amount of time at every day, but it still needs a good amount of work (It's in EA currently, so no big deal) , and the Developers are great with the community, so I have high hopes for it.

I've been enjoying it.

I get a lot of the same feelings as I did playing Phantasy Star Online back in the year 2000 on the Sega Dreamcast. PSO was the first MMO on a console and Zenith is basically the first VR MMO RPG.

There haven't been any other games with experiences like this yet so everything is new to every player. It's a ton of fun experiencing all this new stuff and see everyone else in the game experience it for the first time too.
Most non-VR games are just a slightly different take on some other previous game, Zenith is much, much more than that.

It's not a perfect game, there are plenty of bugs, balance issues, etc, but all of them are easily forgivable because the game is such a fun, unique experience.
It really gets me excited for future VR MMO games. There are so many cool mechanics unique to VR that can be done in an MMO and Zenith is just the start.

I tried to like it, I just never could get into it. It's one of those games that works well, and seems to have all the ingredients, it just doesn't do it for me. Glad other people like it though. I feel like I should like it more than I do, but I just end up playing more Saints and Sinners, or Super Hot, or HHHG, and never log in to Zenith.

Back