Zen3 coming in 2020

I don't think the current gen CPUs are bottle-necking the top video cards, unless you're talking about the niche market where people play competitive settings and low all graphics settings. Most games when comparing high-end videocards run 1440p/4k resolution where the difference between a 9900K or Ryzen 1600 is barely noticeable.

I don't think the current gen CPUs are bottle-necking the top video cards, unless you're talking about the niche market where people play competitive settings and low all graphics settings. Most games when comparing high-end videocards run 1440p/4k resolution where the difference between a 9900K or Ryzen 1600 is barely noticeable.

There is games that will benefit from overclocked CPU, and there is a games for that doesn't really matter FPS at all.
But I think (and this is just my opinion) that next gen GPU will need more CPU power than current gen.

I understand your point and I can agree but, see. There is competitive games, and humm there is huge industry that sell for this market so much things and not only CPU/GPU... and Ryzen 1600 is not good choice for this.

This video is interesting and in the end they said that CPU matter but not GPU.

So yes if AMD want to not lose current selling speed, they need to release Zen 3.

My Gen 1 Ryzen 1700 has been chuggin' along with a good overclock and I'm still happy. That said, the gains are good enough that I'm really hoping for an excuse to upgrade toward the end of the year. Amazing that Zen core has been such a huge turnaround and is still making legit gains each generation!

Been waiting since the whole ZEN hype machine started but turned out to be bullshit.
What hype machine? And how did it turn into anything? Nobody ever thought it would arrive prior to the end of this year.... If you were let down then you had unrealistic/abnormal expectations.

What hype machine? And how did it turn into anything? Nobody ever thought it would arrive prior to the end of this year.... If you were let down then you had unrealistic/abnormal expectations.

You don't know about the zen hype machine? Where have you been? Zen's been around since before this year, case you weren't in the know and its always the next gen that will finally dethrone intel. I don't feel let down, as I explained earlier I'm tired of waiting and the hype machine isn't enough to hold me over. It failed, like your empty word salad banter is failing now. Maybe the real question is why my decision bothers you so much?

You don't know about the zen hype machine? Where have you been? Zen's been around since before this year, case you weren't in the know and its always the next gen that will finally dethrone intel. I don't feel let down, as I explained earlier I'm tired of waiting and the hype machine isn't enough to hold me over. It failed, like your empty word salad banter is failing now. Maybe the real question is why my decision bothers you so much?
This isn't r/amd bro.

Figured since this was a Zen3 thread... you know, you were talking about Zen3. For someone that says they don't feel let down, you sure are acting that way. Denial is the first stage, and lashing out is stage 2.. congrats, you're almost on the road to recovery.

Figured since this was a Zen3 thread... you know, you were talking about Zen3. For someone that says they don't feel let down, you sure are acting that way. Denial is the first stage, and lashing out is stage 2.. congrats, you're almost on the road to recovery.

I was talking about zen 3, didn't you read what i wrote? You sound like fake news media, inventing vocabulary as you go along. Still its odd how worked up you are over my choice of a cpu? I wonder what else you get so unhinged over, go on, I'm listening?

I was talking about zen 3, didn't you read what i wrote? You sound like fake news media, inventing vocabulary as you go along. Still its odd how worked up you are over my choice of a cpu? I wonder what else you get so unhinged over, go on, I'm listening?
Sure man, I'm unhinged, lol. Did you read you're own message?
"Zen's been around since before this year". Then you say you were talking about zen3??? Those two statements cant both be true as zen3 isn't out. Anyways, don't get to excited, it's not worth it. And no this isn't unhinged or worked up. Just compare the tone of your post to mine and ask who's sounds more worked up ;). Hint: It's not me.

PS. I wasn't even questioning your choice to not wait, I was trying to understand what you were even trying to say because it didn't make sense. Reading it again, it still makes no sense, and the drivel and insults you posted to follow it up makes even less sense.

Back