Zen Micro

ClearH2O

Limp Gawd
Not sure if this goes here or not, but who likes thier zen micro. I use mine all the time and have had zero problems. I get ~10 hours playtime on shuffle. So zen micronauts speak up.

My friend has one and it okay. Easy to use, seems durable, and has pretty good battery life.

But another friend and my dad's, both had bad touchpads. They didn't work.

If you find a good deal... get one. If not, go with an Ipod mini or something. ;)

I like mine a lot. However, I can't seem to get Windows Explorer to recognize it when I plug it in. WMP10 and Yahoo music pick it up, but I'd like to just drag and drop via Explorer. Anyone know how I can accomplish this without installing all of Creative's software?

Using XP x64 too...

I have one and I love it. The thing is very rugged. I've dropped it several times, and also completely submerged it in a glass of water while it was one. I just took the battery out and let it dry, and it still works.

m g/f has it but has problems with the headphones input...she gets static and loses volume if the jack gets moved around...anyone run across tht problem?

I just got one yesterday and love it. I did a ton of research before buying and there are many threads about the headphone jack issue. Go to creative.com and check out their discussion boards. If within 90 days, you can send it to creative to get it fixed for free. They have been doing those repairs for people after 90 days as well since it seems to be an issue. It looks like they have fixed it on newer models.

Anyway, so far so good and it sounds great. I also like the removeable hard drive feature. Nice for caring around personal documents. I also put the base driver on the removeable HD part so I can go to somebody else's computer and transfer songs over.

I too have done my research and picked up mine about a week ago. It's a great player with some great features. THe only gripe I have is that I cannot pick up many radio stations from where I am located (30 min. from D.C.) Also when I do in fact go to D.C. I have trouble picking up stations there as well.

The other gripe is the instructional manual...it's very general and very short.

Otherwise I love the blue LED backlight, the touch pad takes a while to get use to, but I do love it now, the varied colors of the players, and the fact that it works well with many different types of media and software.

Who needs a Mini iPod...

Vladimir said:
I just got one yesterday and love it. I did a ton of research before buying and there are many threads about the headphone jack issue. Go to creative.com and check out their discussion boards. If within 90 days, you can send it to creative to get it fixed for free. They have been doing those repairs for people after 90 days as well since it seems to be an issue. It looks like they have fixed it on newer models.

Anyway, so far so good and it sounds great. I also like the removeable hard drive feature. Nice for caring around personal documents. I also put the base driver on the removeable HD part so I can go to somebody else's computer and transfer songs over.

thx, she's sendin it back tomorrow...the sound is great and def sounds better than an ipod

Does anyone know any alternative software you can use instead of the built in stuff or WMP10?

I bough one right as they came out it is very ruggest except for the headphone in, after a while of being banged up the inside of it got lose and my headphone connection went on and off. Otherwise it was good to me i suppose and i may still be able to fix that problem. The Rio carbons are more rugged if your looking for that.

i was thinking of geting a mp3 player soon. had a creative movo. 256 meg. Do you think the zen micro is probably the best of the creative mp3 players? what do you think about the muvo micro or muvo2 compaired to the zen? I dont want to spend over 200 on a mp3 player, a radio is a must.
on newegg, the orange zen is like 186, and the black one is 196. why do the colors change the price?

I got an orange off ebay for 138, i like the color quite a bit more than I expected actually

its tasteful, not tacky.

Back