Zen Aurvana or Shure E2c?

Lone_Bullet.be

Limp Gawd
title pretty much says it all...
they're both €91 at www.mp3shop.be
I know the Zen's are very comfortable but i've seen review that the SQ suffers in the highs. How does it compare to the E2c's?

ty :)

The shure e2c's are ok but only usable to me when using the smallest foam sleeve (which means you have to buy replacements unless you want to collect your own ear wax and use it as some kind of personal lube... I'm a 6' 180lb guy, perhaps I have small ear canals...I doubt this though) When using the rubber sleeves, they are not only painful in my ears, but don't sound as good to me as with the foam sleeves. For $60 though I think they're pretty good for ear buds. I use them to listen to ripped FLAC on my Cowan and they are pretty good in that regard. I listen to is a lot of European folk, classical music, and some metal, so I have no idea if they are up to the standards of highly compressed pop music or bass heavy rap. I think the clarity and dynamic range is pretty good though when using the foam sleeves. They have no real obtrusive faults that are easily discernable to me, though using the rubber sleeves they sound very thin and cheap (not to mention they're uncomfortable)

Personally, I would never touch anything Creative. They're the last company I think of when it comes to audiophile quality products.

the creative was actually a surprisingly good product, i have owned them both... they have decently clear sound and are much, much more tolerable comfort wise. the e2c's were a piece of crap. they were uncomfortable with a muddy sound and made you look stupid as hell. don't buy em.

get the sharp md33 instead.

the e2cs are crap.

the aurvana is ok, better than the e2c but i'd still go for the sharps.

well, i've gone for the aurvana's
i've forgotten to tell you guys , these 2 were the only ' high end ' ( doubtfull ) in ear's the local shop has...can't order anything online as i do not have VISA ( my parents have but i won't ask them EVERYTIMe ;) :p )
Burning them in right now
If interested ill give a little review of them when burned in....as far as i can give a review as these are my first higher end in ears...my prev were creatives 630...they broke but were good though.

these Aurvana's sound nice actually ^^

Yikes. Now I can see why only prepubescent teenagers post on here anymore. ;)

Thats it for me. The ec2s aren't crap by any means. Certainly not for $60. They're great with the foam plugs. This forum sure has turned to crap though!

Word of advice to new and future posters... do not base your purchase descisions on what people on hardforum have to say. They're a marketing persons dream come true :D (saying this as a marketing person BTW lol...) The advice given here is just awful (and rabidly fanatical without any merit or basis in reality)

i admit, i partially did...thats is because the 2 i've listened too ( Zens and E2c ) were new and thus not burned in, i've also seen on the net somewhere that the sures needs to burn in. My ( rather untrained ears ) could not really hear a BIG difference ( there was actually... ) so, for me they sounded allmost identical ( shures went a lil higher in tones, but i thought the mid's were better on the Zens ) And the zens were more ( way more for my alien ears ^^ ) comfortable. Seeing that i'll be running with them i don't want my in ears to fall out within 10 steps.

So to the point: i went here because i didn't know how they sounded when they were burned in.

Anyways i am happy person with them ^^ .... now let me be in my stupidness ;)

Lone

Sorry, my intent was not to insult you. It's just highly frustrating that people on here say things are total crap (with no explaination) then 50,000 teenagers take their word as gold and ensue that more and more crap products swallow up some actual quality products. (creative already have the pc market, they really aren't so good as to be the only audio related company to exist!)

Oh well. I'm getting going to persue a bachelors degree in marketing and sales so I guess the same thing I loath about people will make me a millionare one day soon :D

peacetilence said:
Sorry, my intent was not to insult you. It's just highly frustrating that people on here say things are total crap (with no explaination) then 50,000 teenagers take their word as gold and ensue that more and more crap products swallow up some actual quality products. (creative already have the pc market, they really aren't so good as to be the only audio related company to exist!)

Oh well. I'm getting going to persue a bachelors degree in marketing and sales so I guess the same thing I loath about people will make me a millionare one day soon :D

I do not feel insulted, don't worry ;) I also posted on Head-Fi to make sure and they game me the same thing ( allthough not thàt convincing ) that the Shures do not give all high frequenties ok. Anyway i am happy with the Zen so it's all ok :).

Back