Zboard keyboard drivers for Windows 10

renswic

Supreme [H]ardness
Found my old Zboard keyboard(don't judge, I love the wasd pad) and while it works great with my laptop, I wouldn't mind drivers for it to hopefully use the shortcut keys.

Not having much luck with googleling for any sort of drivers. Any one still use one if these and have Windows 10 drivers?

That's funny that you posted this. I was cleaning out my closets the other day and came across mine as well. It still had the WOW Burning Crusade keyset on it. Didn't work for shit but I guess that was partly due to being pre-mechanical keyboard era (unless you had an IBM tank keyboard that is).

Good luck with your search man. Always better to recycle than just tossing it in the garbage :-D

You maybe SOL, but check the manufacturer's site.

https://steelseries.com/engine

Legacy software -> zboard.
Z-engine -> for products 'zboard'.. pick your language.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...0/c444c8ec-14cc-4df7-b0ec-6767b6bedb93?auth=1

Thanks, I'll take a look when I'm off work and home.

That's funny that you posted this. I was cleaning out my closets the other day and came across mine as well. It still had the WOW Burning Crusade keyset on it. Didn't work for shit but I guess that was partly due to being pre-mechanical keyboard era (unless you had an IBM tank keyboard that is).

Good luck with your search man. Always better to recycle than just tossing it in the garbage :-D

Funny enough I got mine from an old boss that had quit playing WoW.

I have the normal qwerty keyset and the generic gaming one that has the wasd spot in the right hand side. I like it as my ROG sits to the side of my recliner and it's hard to game on(joys of a giant gaming laptop).

I'm really shocked that it still works. Storage for years, left in the elements for a winter(screws on the bottom have rust on them) but it makes live a little easier.

I have an old gaming pad that I bought when Oblivion and COD 2 came out(like the Razer Nostromo) that I need to dig out of the closet and see if it works or if I can find something like it more modren and wireless

Hahaha Amazon is awesome with searching old orders:
Screenshot_20180918-145141.png

That beast. Saitek Cyborg Command Unit, I friggn loved it back when and I'm hoping I can get it working

Last edited:
Thought I'd revive this thread since there may be someone like me late to the party.
I just spent two days trying all kinds of shit to get my ZBoard to work with W10.
I read all the reddit and Microsoft posts about home-brewed driver sets and what not.

The solution is actually simple.

Go to the Steele Series website and download the Steele Engine 2 driver package.
Uninstall any other drivers you have for the ZBoard and install the Steele Engine 2........it works fine.
My old ZBoard is back in business.

If someone out there like me who still want to use the great MERC Z-Board on Win10, i found the working solution here:
https://github.com/adamwestman/driver-zboard-merc
For me i used the private Driver Download on the bottom of the side. It contains the driver files of course. But also it contains a instruction file, a cert-file and a solution to run Win10 always with disabled Signed Driver Enforcement.

If someone out there like me who still want to use the great MERC Z-Board on Win10, i found the working solution here:
https://github.com/adamwestman/driver-zboard-merc
For me i used the private Driver Download on the bottom of the side. It contains the driver files of course. But also it contains a instruction file, a cert-file and a solution to run Win10 always with disabled Signed Driver Enforcement.

I'll take a look tonight. I no longer have the keyboard, but my boss gave me a game pad that's make by them same company that needs drivers to fully work

Has anyone else had their driver install once again hosed by the May 2021 update? I've always just went back and manually installed the driver after each update but this time it isn't working. I tried installing the Steele Engine 2 driver package like magoo suggested but windows blocked the driver from starting stating it will cause windows to become unstable. Tried manually updating with my old driver set that I've been using in the past and it won't manually install even with driver signing disabled. It says "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or a victim of tampering. "

I'm really not ready to give up my Zboard yet so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Back