• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Zalman vs. AS5

DeadlyAura

CoalWagen
2FA
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
5,059
So I'm up at school and my computer is running hot as hell. I could never get the Big Typhoon to mount correctly and therefore the processor is running around 40*C when I've had it much lower with the stock HS.

I wanted to put the stock one back on, however I realized that I forgot my AS5 at home. I did discover a small tube of Zalman Thermal Grease that came with my video card cooler.

I happen to be free for the rest of the night, no work, homework, etc which is why I wanted to take care of this tonight.

Will the Zalman work alright? Or should I wait for my AS5?
 
It will work fine - AS5 helps some, but its not like it is some miracle product that will save your cpu - maybe a couple of degrees max.
 
Back
Top