Zalman VF-900 Cu, Rant

Striph

Weaksauce
Got my Zalman VF900 recently, what an amazing fan looks good, and I'm sure it'll run great. Now if only they sent me four screws to mount the darn thing! The unit has 4 standoff style screws that mount into the retention arms, pass through the card and then get screwed on the back.

Two of the screws I received have NO threads on them, meaning I can't use them at all. I contacted Newegg, and the RMA guy said (and I quote):

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We do apologize for any inconvenience. Please be advised we do not carry seperate accessories. You would have to contact the manufature as they should have those screws available. If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page.

Thank you,

Alex Villarino

I figured they could send me two screws in an envelope and save shipping costs on me sending the unit back and them resending me one, but guess thats not the case.

I have an RMA email sent to Zalman as well but its been a few days and no response so far.

So has anyone else heard/seen of these fans coming with screws that had no threads? Thats just too weird, I could understand maybe one, from bad quality control, but two? ugh I may have to rethink buying more Zalman products even if this fan is the best there is, too much of a hassle.

i once had my zalman zm80c that didnt come with a proper mount for the core for my 9800pro
the core heatsink part was flat when it shouldve been about 1mm or so outward so that it fit inside the shim around the core.

I contacted zalman about it and they told me to take pics and then told me that the pics were fuzzy and could not and would not help me
now i know im not an amazing photographer but the pic was pretty clear to me
what you really have to do is go to the zalman support forums and then bitch about your problems
when i did it they sent me a new heatsink for the core

Soparik2 said:
i once had my zalman zm80c that didnt come with a proper mount for the core for my 9800pro
the core heatsink part was flat when it shouldve been about 1mm or so outward so that it fit inside the shim around the core.

I contacted zalman about it and they told me to take pics and then told me that the pics were fuzzy and could not and would not help me
now i know im not an amazing photographer but the pic was pretty clear to me
what you really have to do is go to the zalman support forums and then bitch about your problems
when i did it they sent me a new heatsink for the core

Wow, that's crazy. I'll bet it's a standard response to all email received in English.

I don't think a local hardware store would have these, I have it circled in red.

screw.jpg

Back