Zalman VF-700 on an X1950 PRO agp?

dfloyd70

Weaksauce
Anyone know if the Zalman VF-700 will fit on the X1950 Pro agp version. The reason I ask is because I have the fan on my X800XT PE and I'm thinking of taking it off and putting it on my 1950 pro. I did check the website and it really doesn't say anything about compatibility with the x1900 series. Also, how would you suggest prying off the sinks that are on the memory? Thanks for any help.

. Also, how would you suggest prying off the sinks that are on the memory? Thanks for any help.

Do not waste your time as the risk of ruiining the x800 memory. If you have the funds, pickup some additional sinks to do the job. If you really want to remove them, try some fishing line and a hairdryer.

You can measure the holes, but I do not believe the VF700 will match. With the universal mounting Zalman adopted on the VF900 series, incompatible cards are greatly reduced. With the additional heat output by the 1950 GPU, you would be better served considering the Zalman FC-ZV9 or VF900-Cu due to the aforementioned new mount and heat shedding characteristics.

I also have VF900 on my Sapphire x1950 Pro AGP

Idle @ 39
Load @ 45

with AS5

I have VF700 on my 9800 Pro and I've try fitting it on x1950 and it didn't work.

I have the Zalman ZV9 on my Sapphire X1950 PRO. Basically the ZV9 is a VF900 with faster fan speeds. The cooler looks great and at full load the card hovers around 40-42 degrees. Very good investment IMHO.

Back