Zalman thermal paste question

Bowtie_guy

Weaksauce
Hey, I bought the Zalman CNPS 9700 NT and the thermal paste that comes with it isnt the kind where you just make s dot and set it on. Its more like a paintbrush thing. The directions told me nothing about how much to put on my cpu/heatsink plate so I just put three stips down both the cpu and heatsink plate. Will this be enough/not too much?

When i got my 9700LED the directions said to put a thin layer on the CPU and on the Heatsink base. I did this and it seems to work fine for me
just be sure that you put on a very thin layer on as too much will have a negative effect

wait what? 3 strips down the CPU, and the heatsink? Way to much. I'd put just a small bead on the center and spread it out if need be, or just let the heatsink spread it.

wait what? 3 strips down the CPU, and the heatsink? Way to much. I'd put just a small bead on the center and spread it out if need be, or just let the heatsink spread it.

this isnt one of those bottles where you squeeze out a bead of paste. You have to "paint" is on.

Back