Zalman shuttle install problem

anths

Limp Gawd
Just got some new things in today from newegg for my shuttle system. I went to put in the Zalman 7000A-CU heatsink into my Shuttle SB61G1 but it wouldn't fit. It seems that the heatsink rubs against the powersupply. I could possible cut/sand enough of the heatsink off to make it fit correctly but then I am not sure if the drive cage will get in the way.

Are there any success stories with this heatsink and a shuttle? I would really like to put this in the shuttle instead of sending it back to newegg because I could not get it to fit.

That is the HS you need to mod to fit it...The Zalman that fits without modding is the on with a "50" in it's name...SVC has it...

If it is rubbing your powersupply it sounds more like a case problem than a motherboard problem.

cut it cut it cut it!! well they arn't made for shuttles... but cut it and post pics :D

Heath, I think your going to get your wish. This is [H] afterall right? I'll let you guys know how it goes, should take me a week or two to get it perfect.

Anthony

take your time cuttting, it is a delicate piece of art work that shouldnt be reckoned with IMO

roflmao. Don't cut anything, silly, just move the fucking power supply out of the way!... Sigh. This forum is full of lying communists.

I'd love to move the power supply but how do you expect me to do that and leave it inside the case? then comes the matter of the drive cage sitting on it and not being able to be positioned fully inside the case.

you can put in in front right under the drive bays, vertically. I've seen it done.

Back