Zalman Reserator with 3.6 Prescott + ATI 850XT

rmd3003

Limp Gawd
Hello everybody.
As you see this is my first post and my first attempt at watercooling.
I would like to know if anybody using Reserator to cool Intel 3.6 Prescott and ATI 850XT? As you all know both of them are very hot chips.

I'm ready to order Reserator with VGA blocks and want to make sure that it's good enough for this combination?

I don't need overclocking, just silent cooling!!!

Thanks.

if you get a koolance kit im sure youll be alot more impressed.

Very similar setup and Koolance last time i checked was actually cheaper

Dear god dont buy a reserator for a prescott let alone one with a 850. Just buy a H20-120 and be happy cause they're quiet enough. If you want even more prefab then buy an Exos, they're actually pretty good. If you used a reserator with a prescott you'd be able to make hot cups of coffee out of the water in the res :)

go with an exos AL because they are quiet, powerful, cheap, easy to use, and badass looking :D

How about this little sweetie pie for a measly $120? Throw in an Eheim 1046 for another $50. And how about a Koolance CPU-200G waterblock for $20. This will do exactly what you want it to do for under $200 and even give you a little room to OC your little beastie. :D All components are compatible in the low flow school of thought and BIB is not true especially in silent passive systems. You would not even believe the little tiny pump inside a Reserator. :eek:

Top Nurse said:
How about this little sweetie pie for a measly $120? Throw in an Eheim 1046 for another $50. And how about a Koolance CPU-200G waterblock for $20. This will do exactly what you want it to do for under $200 and even give you a little room to OC your little beastie. :D All components are compatible in the low flow school of thought and BIB is not true especially in silent passive systems. You would not even believe the little tiny pump inside a Reserator. :eek:
i love the recycled post idea man :D :D

If youre ok with not so neat looking cooling, just go to Autozone or your nearest junk yard, and get the biggest copper car heater core you can find. Clean it out (if from the junk yard), stick some barbs in and you have a $30 or so passive cooler that will barely go above ambient :)

That is way too much for a 1046, for that price you could nearly get a 1250, and have plenty of money to spare for a better waterblock, like a TDX/MCW6002/Whitewater, and have a nice silent system for well under $200.

I have a reserator on a Intel 2.8 and an old ass geforce ti4200 but I like it a lot. It's a bit bulky though and I kinda wish I had gone w/ the Innovatek radiator, but it does the job well. I don't overclock either, so the reserator works great for what I need it for: silence :D I've never had my reserator get very hot at all, not even very warm. you should check out SPCR. They're silence fanatics over there.

ikellensbro said:
That is way too much for a 1046, for that price you could nearly get a 1250, and have plenty of money to spare for a better waterblock, like a TDX/MCW6002/Whitewater, and have a nice silent system for well under $200.

$50 for a 1046 is way to much? :confused: It was $120 for the Innovatek passive radiator!

Oh I see....you didn't follow the links did you? Naughty boy ;)

Take a Reserator and replace the pump with an Enhiem 1000 and if you dont move it set the base of the Reserator on top of a fan and put a shroud around it. Add an extention to the return line on the Reserator to drop the water off at the top of the unit so you arn't mixing hot water returning to the unit with the cold water leaving the unit. If you get a Reserator, I suggest you do these mods for your system.

Kaotix said:
Take a Reserator and replace the pump with an Enhiem 1000 and if you dont move it set the base of the Reserator on top of a fan and put a shroud around it. Add an extention to the return line on the Reserator to drop the water off at the top of the unit so you arn't mixing hot water returning to the unit with the cold water leaving the unit. If you get a Reserator, I suggest you do these mods for your system.

Excellent idea! Got some pics?

Kaotix said:

Isn't that how TT did their "passive phallus" radiator? I'd hate to think they did something first and did it right :eek:

Im not sure if TT did that as I dont follow any thing they make. The only thing that TT makes that is any good imo us the smart fan 2. And no I dont have any pics. Hate to say it but it wasnt my idea. I havnt jumped into water cooling yet but plan to soon. :D

Back