zalman question

CoRPS

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a Zalman HSF
I have the little fan thing on High
And it's only giving me 2.4k RPMS

Is that normal?

The Zalman 7000's fan spins around 2400rpm in high speed mode, so you're good to go.

That's the nice thing about 80MM and larger fans. They put out more air than 60MM or smaller fans while spinning at a slower rotational speed.

This equates to a quieter fan. So that we never have to endure anything like that dreaded 7000rpm black label delta fan that whinned like hell and came with metal finger guards so as not to ever cut any of your cables or you should you happen to be careless enough to stick your hand inside your machine while running.

Originally posted by CoRPS
I just got a Zalman HSF
I have the little fan thing on High
And it's only giving me 2.4k RPMS

Is that normal?

Yes, the 92mm fan doesn't go any faster.

If you unplug the fanmate and plug the fan in directly you will gain 200 to 300 rpm on the fan. That is the way I ran mine and it works just fine.

Originally posted by cosmo3
If you unplug the fanmate and plug the fan in directly you will gain 200 to 300 rpm on the fan. That is the way I ran mine and it works just fine.

Thanks, I will do that.

such slow rpm. i want to see a zalman goin at 5500rpm like my 80mm hsf. that would move some serious air.

Problem is everyone wants there PC to be quiet. So they try to make the fans as slow as possible while pushing as much air as possible. I am all for it. But I personalyl would rather see a 5500rpm 80mm fan on something like the Zalman.

Back