Zalman GPU Question

DanSan

Limp Gawd
I had the vf900 in my system at one point. It replaced an Arctic Cooler (for ATI) rev 5. The vf900 reduced GPU temps over the AC, but as a side effect, also increased case temps since it was dumping hot air into the case instead of out of it. Another exhaust fan helped, but I was trying to reduce noise... as well as temps.

Of your choices, stick with the coolers with "heatpipes", I think they're more efficient.

Being a new convert to watercooling, my vote would be to watercool your GPU... but your situation may not permit that. Watercooling my GPU has allowed me to overclock the videocard much further than the AC or vf900 ever allowed (and my GPU temps are lower than I have ever seen).... plus it's silent.

just my $0.02

I went with dual VF900's on my x1950pro's. From the stock cooler, which idled at 43C, and load at 56C...I'm now at 36C idle and 43C load. Good investment, IMO...and it allowed me to OC the cards, stable to 623/783 from 614/766.

im not much of an overclocking, mostly cuz i havnt figured out voltages and such yet completely and im sadly using generic brand ram so im not sure how much play i have with them. Im doing it just to reduce noise, and i have one of those pci fans that suck the hot case air and push it out the back so i might use it cuz its pretty quiet

Back