Zalman coolers

AliceCooper

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so ive been looking at both of the Zalman CPU coolers and theres a 92mm and a 110mm. Which is better for cooling or are they both the same just one is quieter?

Well in theory the larger fan would move more air....But maybe you could let us know what the two coolers actually are...Zalman have a pretty full lineup of coolers.

I got the 110mm. All I can say is that it works great and cools my really hot 120nm Fx-55 down 20c from stock. Get the 110 if you have the room.

I got a refurb 9500 AT off Ebay for cheap and it keeps my CPU 12C or 24F below the stock cooler these coolers rock!

uh...what?

How cold is your house?
Even if an air CPU cooler is 100% efficient (which none are) they would only be able to keep you at exactly the same temperature as the room temperature. Meaning you were probably sitting in a room about 10C at the time...The 9500 is good, but the 9700 is better.

EDIT: OH! 12C below what the stock cooler was able to do! I getcha.

Under load the CPU runs 12C cooler than with the stock cooler what's not to understand?

Ya, I should probably have read every word. I caught the meaning seconds after the post though. I do like the 9500, but everything it does the 9700 does with a little bit more. The only things different is the fan and the amount of fins which actually makes it even bettar!

Also get the OCZ Freeze thermal grease.

I used Arctic Silver 5 for a while on my Zalman 9700, then switched to this OCZ today on the same cooler. Temps dropped on my Quad 6600 1c to 2c on each cpu reading.

Bah should have told me two days ago cause I ordered some AS5 yesterday. :( Oh well, hopefully 1-2C won't affect much. ;)

Back