• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Zalman CNPS9700

vage

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
3,038
Hey all,

I have the Zalman CNPS9700 LED cooling my Q6600 on my Abit I-35 Pro. Before I bought it I did a bunch of research and I swear that everyone said that it was required to plug the fan controller in to get the cooler to work. I've been looking and I don't see any requirement for the controller.

So my question is, does anyone here have this to cool their processor, and do you have it plugged straight into the motherboard or do you use the fan controller?
 
If you use the fan controller it will top out at 2400 RPM, if you plug it into the mobo it'll top off at 2600 RPM.

This has been my experience with it, anyway.

Edit: I originally used the fan controller, but it's so quiet that I just plug it into the mobo for the simplicity of it.
 
So I can just bypass the fan controller, and plug it directly into the motherboard then? Does this mean I can control it with abits uGuru? Because the way I had it before, the fan plugged into the fan controller, which then plugged into the motherboard. When I tried to use uGuru to control the fan speed of the rest of my case, the CPU fan would shut off. Will this still happen if I don't use the fan controller at all?
 
I had mine plugged right into my motherboard and it worked fine
 
I used two Zalman CNPS9700's plugged directly into the motherboard on the Skulltrail review system. they worked like a charm that way.
 
Have it plugged into the controller on my Asus P5N32E- it dynamically controls the fan relative to the CPU temperature, which can all be monitored with Asus' software. Works great here, except that the fan is loud (my perception) when it's inside my P180 when I OC, but at stock I never hear it. 1200-1500rpm for 6420 at stock, 2200-2600 OC load.
 
I just plug mine into the motherboard and fix the fan speed. No problems here. And it works decently as well. It's not the best heatsink out there, but it might be the prettiest!
 
Back
Top