Zalman CNPS9500AT install...?

Cantonious

Gawd
Ok, I know, I'm retarded. I didn't check to see that it was socket939 compatible, and it's already shipping. So flame if you want, but at least give me useful information while you're at it.

Will the 9500AT fit on my socket939 abit a8n32x? Looking at the hardware, I would think it will, but I can't tell. Anyone here done it?

I bought the 9500AT over the 9500 because of the LEDs, or lack of LEDs. I don't need them, so I assumed (mistake!) that it would fit just the same.

TIA

i'm not gonna flame but i do have to lol.

looks like the actual heatsink / fan is the same unit as the 939 with the same central knuckle used to mount. My guess is that you'd just have to order the brackets and screws from Zalman...

just took another look at it - looks like it may actually almost have everything you need.

cross bracket

elongated screws.

the only thing that you'd need now is the mobo 939 back plate and mounting bracket which i assume you'd have from the stock cooler plus these things (on the right):

9500_02.jpg

Well, I emailed Zalman Support and they assured me that it won't work, and that I should send it back for a refund and order the LED or the AM2 CNPS9500 instead. I'll just wait and see. Will be here tomorrow...

It won't work also because the AT vs is specifically designed with the 4pin PWM fan controller for Intels.

given those pictures above, it looks like it WONT fit a 939 board, because most 939 boards only have 2 screw mounts, and that one it lookes like, had 4. So your best off returning it and getting something else, personally i like the Cu7000b, i just got it and it works beautifully on my 939 system.

if you're returning it, why not just get the one for the 939 socket, I have one and it works fantasically, the hs doesn't even feel warm and I have the fan on only at 2000 rpm.

Back