Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
It fit's but you will have to remove the side support bracket by drilling out 4 rivets holding it in place.
I am using the 3 1/2 bay for my HD currently, it would be possible to use the side hd bracket by modding it to attach to the drive cage instead of the removed support frame.
I prefer the aesthetics of the Zalman however, I have tested out several different CPU coolers in SFF systems and prefer the NT06 as it is much quieter (with a silent 120mm fan) and has similar cooling performance as the Zalman.
It will fit in the Micro Fly / Qpack with the same mod.
Wow, reading this thread is making me want to change my choice back to a MicroFly (I'd 90% decided on a Silverstonr TJ-08). I built a Microfly for somebody recently and loved it except that I want to put a "high end" CPU cooler in it, and typically they're a little taller.
Looking at the pictures, is the only real penalty for removing the support bar that you can't use HDD mount as intended? I have 0 problems with putting my HD in the extra 5.25 bay, so that would be a non issue. How is case stability without the bar, any issues?
I'm almost wondering if a Ninja or TR Ultra-120 wouldn't fit in that thing, that would be sweeet. My next choice would probably be an SI-128, which looks like it might fit too.