Zalman CNPS 9500 LED

Top Nurse

Supreme [H]ardness
So what do you guys think of the Zalman latest greatest? I saw one of these in person yesterday along with the Fatal1ty version. Looks very well made and the shop I was at said that it cools better than the $150 water cooling kits around town. Tried to borrow one for "testing" purposes, but unable to pull that one off. ;)

Top Nurse said:
So what do you guys think of the Zalman latest greatest? I saw one of these in person yesterday along with the Fatal1ty version. Looks very well made and the shop I was at said that it cools better than the $150 water cooling kits around town. Tried to borrow one for "testing" purposes, but unable to pull that one off. ;)

that "better than watercooling" comment was based off an actual review, but that review was pretty bogus (or just a fluke), subsequent testing has shown it to be no better than the xp-90 really, albeit with less noise. the design never looked that great to me in terms of cooling ability, heatpipes are great and all but fins on the heatsink base are still helpful. looks cool though

I'm happy with mine, it's better than the Microchill I had previously.

fluxion said:
that "better than watercooling" comment was based off an actual review, but that review was pretty bogus (or just a fluke), subsequent testing has shown it to be no better than the xp-90 really, albeit with less noise. the design never looked that great to me in terms of cooling ability, heatpipes are great and all but fins on the heatsink base are still helpful. looks cool though

whats your source? I know RBMODS.com claims great performance but who knows what type of relationship they have with Zalman, the review is linked to their product page.
I guess we just have to wait till its becomes more readily avail. then we can make judgments but I have to admit, it looks very promising. I have a XP-90 now and looking for a even quieter solution with same or hopefully better performance. Looking at the Cooler Master R120 but I think I might wait for this just to check it out. my 2 cents

My load temps in Super Pi 32M are much lower (now 47, 58 prev), quite loud on full but not unbearable.

can't wait to try one out problay be a month before i see one up here in canada.........

Sure its better than a watercooled setup. A crappy one. No way its better than a good watercooled setup, not even close.

That being said.. Im done with water for awhile, and want to try this heatsink. If they would ever release it. They've had magazine adds for months...

anyone know where to buy one of these, and how much it'll run you? dont have the money or guts atm to risk a wc system, so this looks like the next best thing...

The one I saw was at Sharka. I think they are expecting a big shipment of them next week.

I just ordered one from FrozenCPU.com. I'm hoping it'll do a good job of cooling the passive radiator and PWM heatsinks at the back of my mobo (Abit AN8 Ultra).

I love how the Zalman CNPS 9500 LED looks, it's very very creative. :)

I'd love to see how it matches up with the Scyth Ninja and the Tt Typhoon. :p

Tt Tech said:
I love how the Zalman CNPS 9500 LED looks, it's very very creative. :)

I'd love to see how it matches up with the Scyth Ninja and the Tt Typhoon. :p
lol theres no match there buddy....both the scythe ninja and the big typhoon will own it ;) and even the hyper 6+ (keep in mind these heatsinks are twice the size of the CNPS 9500)

Back