Zalman CNPS 7000B-AlCu Cooler $27.50 shipped

Is it a good cooler? I asked about AMD coolers in the AMD forums about 1 month ago and they recommended the CNPS7700-CU. The only difference is that the 7700 one has a bigger fan?

This cooler is great! I had it while I was overclocking a mobile Athlon XP and it was very quiet.
This price is pretty good.

WanTeD said:
Is it a good cooler? I asked about AMD coolers in the AMD forums about 1 month ago and they recommended the CNPS7700-CU. The only difference is that the 7700 one has a bigger fan?
This is still a high end cooler. Great combo of silence and cooling effectiveness.

g-megaman said:
can you stick these in a laptop>?

Uhhhh, sure, as long as it's a REALLY BIG laptop...

Put the crackpipe down and back away from the computer.....

rofl, that's great. but seriously, anyone tried fitting one of these in matx before, not sure about the size constraints. i seem to remember someone doing a case mode in a matx case with one of these heat sinks before and they had to cut part of the case for it to fit...

poopypants said:
rofl, that's great. but seriously, anyone tried fitting one of these in matx before, not sure about the size constraints. i seem to remember someone doing a case mode in a matx case with one of these heat sinks before and they had to cut part of the case for it to fit...
check out the link within this thread, don't mind all the duct tape :D

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=895487

It looks like it fits, but i have no idea if cutting is necessary, i'm sure the fellas in the SFF forum would know.

Question:

Has anybody ever tried this Zalman knockoff > http://www.svcompucycle.com/kd-42cu.html ? ($16 shipped)

If you study the enlarged pic, it looks well built, and the fins seem skived right out of the base itself. It has less fins and weight than the zalman, but the zalmans listed weight includes a 92mm fan, which isn't included with this knockoff. For that price i wouldn't mind trying it, but would like some input first.

any ideas?

Back