• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Zalman CNPS 5x?

HardLiner

Gawd
Joined
Nov 22, 2006
Messages
746
Just curious if this would be any better than the stock Heatsink and fan that came with my Q6600?

Don't want to spend a lot of money on a H&F for such an old CPU but I seen it on sale for like $6.99 after rebate and was wondering if it would be worth it?
 
Yes, that or the Coolermaster 212 EVO. Both great options.
 
CM 212 EVO is probably a good choice. Practically the same hardware as the Xigmatek SD1283 Night Hawk I just put on my own Q6600, and it's great.

I wouldn't bother with that Zalman and its 92mm fan, personally. Non-replaceable fan, plastic mounts... the same reasons I dumped my AC Freezer 7.
 
Is there much difference between the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO? The plus is like 5 bucks cheaper.
 
EVO can realize lower temps than the standard model...I've seen comparison reviews showing as much as 5-7C lower depending on the CPU, clocks/Vcore settings, and case airflow.
 
EVO can realize lower temps than the standard model...I've seen comparison reviews showing as much as 5-7C lower depending on the CPU, clocks/Vcore settings, and case airflow.

Really? might as well get the EVO then.
 
Back
Top