• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Zalman 7700cu

freeman2k6

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Messages
107
I ordered one of these yesterday...what's all the hype about it warping the board? Any truth to this? I'll have it on a MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum in an Antec P180...Just wanna make sure I didn't screw myself on this..

Anyone using it now? How do you like it.

Thanks

-Freeman2k6
 
freeman2k6 said:
I ordered one of these yesterday...what's all the hype about it warping the board? Any truth to this? I'll have it on a MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum in an Antec P180...Just wanna make sure I didn't screw myself on this..

Anyone using it now? How do you like it.

Thanks

-Freeman2k6

See my sig!

Don't believe the hype as it will not warp your board. I think it's a great cooler and I had the 7000cu on an MSI NEO2 Platinum before I got the SLI board and that was sweet aswell.

Just carefully pull off the stock CPU support backplate and fit the Zalman plastic unit with a couple of paper washers between the standoff screws. Mount the CPU and use the small blob method for the thermal grease (I use AS5 and this method always works best for me) and place the 7700 down carefully with the clips already set with the screws sitting in them (line it up carefully so you don't mess up your grease).

Screw the clips down firmly onto the standoffs (swap between each side until firmly tightened) and give the cooler a gentle and tiny twist left and right making sure it feels firmly screwed down and square. It's normal for it to move a little with some force.

Anyway, If you mount it correctly I'd just run it at 1200 RPM with the Speed Controller and it should help keep your memory, GPU and other components nice and cool aswell.
 
Back
Top