Zalman 7000B

gamer1drew

Weaksauce
Was looking at the Zalman site and noticed the CNPS7000B . Claims top be slightly lighter(CU by like 18g and AlCu by like 7g) and have better performance. ANybody know how long this have been out? or if there any better? Only sites with info on these all are .com.au .

gamer1drew said:
Was looking at the Zalman site and noticed the CNPS7000B . Claims top be slightly lighter(CU by like 18g and AlCu by like 7g) and have better performance. ANybody know how long this have been out? or if there any better? Only sites with info on these all are .com.au .
i had never heard of the B series until this thread. so im guessing its really new

i dont see whats so special about it other than it uses a different fanmate and that its a little lighter than the A series

yeah they are new, looks identical to A version but slightly lighter.. i don't think they'll perform any better tho..
zalman 7k hsf are good n quite but they collect dust very easily in the middle of the hsf.

I just installed a 7000A-Cu on my buddy's 2500. Running full load on high at 40C, and it's damn quiet. He was using a Volcano 7 before, and it was running 62C full load on high, and you couldn't hear yourself think.

Yes it has some heft to it, and yes you should remove it while moving the case a lot. However, it's only 2 screws to take it off and put it back on, so you're not dicking around with a stupid clamp.

I really do like this HSF. A lot. :cool:

Back