Z97 MB with wifi

psyclist

Gawd
Hey guys,

So after some time with my X79/3930K and not using it to its full potential enough, I think im gonna sell it and pick up the new Z97 and 4790K, the chip is already on preorder, but I am now trying to decide on a MB.

Ive gone Gigabyte my last two builds and they have been pretty soild boards with BIOS issues eventually being sorted out, but im just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a Z97 board in particular.

Im looking for solid overclocking capability (obviously) and WIFI as my Comp is in my spare room away from the router. Dont need gaming this and extreme that, less flash and more function is great with me. What do you guys think?

I can't personally speak for anything Z97, but I can speak for brand names I've used in the past. Imo, Gigabyte for functionality rates #1. Their caps are solid, I've actually got Gigabyte boards in computers located at a very dusty / dirty and even slightly corrosive environment at work. They've been running for 3-5+ years and I have no issues with them. The next very close runner up is Asus. Again, I've got some of their boards in the same environment, no issues.

Now I'm not concerned about the number or range of ports on the back (range referring to what all I can plug in). The work machines I have are fairly simple multi monitor, typical computers.

I personally tend to stay away from MSI or ASRock as where I am (in Canada) it seems as if they don't have as much of a selection of boards.

That's my 2 cents (I guess 5, as pennies don't exist here anymore)!

Back