• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

z87e itx mSATA / SATA question.

phantommaggot

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Messages
127
So,
I just picked up a z87e ITX a/c
I'm about to downsize form my z97m oc forumla. I don't really like the setup in the SG10 I'm using and I'd like to be smaller and more useful.

I'm gonna be sticking a 4790k in and I'll be ditching my m.2 pcie x2 drive in favor of MSATA, BUT I'll be going up to 1tb.. eventually.

Does anyone know if I loose 2 sata ports using MSATA like you do using m.2 on the z97 boards?

What I'm gonna do here is use this in my Node 304 with 5 platter drives and a 480/512 GB SSD.
I was thinking of transfering the z87e, 4790k, 16gb ram and a 1tb msata to a nice, small case to use strictly for gaming and putting an x99 board in the node later. BUT, honestly I don't dig messing around with 2 computers at this point. If I could run my OS and games off the msata and use all 6 of the plugs I could just use one PC for a while and wait to see what zen does.

Thanks in advance!
 
From the user manual:

6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel Rapid Storage Technology 12 and Intel Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and “Hot Plug” (SATA3_5 connector is shared with the eSATA port; SATA3_4 connector is shared with the mSATA/miniPCI Express slot)

You only lose one if you don't also use eSATA.
 
Back
Top