Z790 POST/Boot times

Interested in purchasing a Z790 board, currently looking at the AsRock Z790 Taichi since I've had good experiences with AsRock in the past. So how are the boot/POST times with Intel DDR5 Z790 boards?

Interested in purchasing a Z790 board, currently looking at the AsRock Z790 Taichi since I've had good experiences with AsRock in the past. So how are the boot/POST times with Intel DDR5 Z790 boards?
Personally they are fine for me. Aorus Master boots up fast and reliable every time. I haven't stop watched it but it's quick enough.

I just did quick test for ya. From full-off to pushing enter to log-in, my AsRock Z790 Steel Legend WiFi (12600K, DDR5 @ 6400 XMP) took 19 sec. It seems to wake from sleep in the morning in less than 10 sec (that's usually pre-coffee for me, so my brain may be running slower...).

-bZj

Wouldn't that largely depend on what your primary boot drive is?

The learning of DDR5 can impact start-up, too, from what I've read.

For what it's worth, I run a Solidigm P44 Pro 1TB as boot.

-bZj

I have this board. The memory is the main bottleneck, particularly if you are using more than two dimms. If you haven't gone down the DDR5 compatibility/XMP profile rabbithole, well, it's a thing.

Reactions: Down8
like this
I got 18 seconds from push of start button to Windows fully loaded. This is on a NZXT Z790 with a 1300KS and 7200Mhz G.Skill RAM. Boot drive is a 2TB SN850X. I'm switching up the mobo to an Aorus Master at the end of the week and will see if it changes boot time.

Back