Z77 Sabertooth Gen3 issue

Hello folks,

I have a new Z77 Sabertooth paired with a GTX680, and, during POST, it says my PCI-E is Gen2. I'm very aware that my 680 is Gen3... I have the PCI-E set to Gen3 and it still says Gen2 during POST.

It may be nothing; or something... Hence the question =].

Thanks folks!

What processor are you using? If you're not using a gen3, I believe you will get pcie 2.0. Only the newer processors have a 3.0 controller in them, if I remember correctly.

Hopefully I'm not spewing misinformation.

Asus just released a new BIOS update on June 6th. Have you flashed your MoBo to that?

Yes; I've flashed it and yes, it's forced Gen3... Still shows up Gen2 on POST.

Did it with both my 7970 and my GTX680

Forgot to mention; when I had my 7970, under the CCC; it showed as PCI-E 3.0... Just trying to understand he Gen2 POST issue...

Hello folks,

I have a new Z77 Sabertooth paired with a GTX680, and, during POST, it says my PCI-E is Gen2. I'm very aware that my 680 is Gen3... I have the PCI-E set to Gen3 and it still says Gen2 during POST.

It may be nothing; or something... Hence the question =].

Thanks folks!

1) Which PEG slot are you using?

2) Where are you seeing Gen 2 mode being reported?

I'm using the Beige PCI-E slot and it shows Gen2 during POST (when it detects my SATA3 drives; very first screen).

Have you tried reseating your 680 or installing it in the brown PCI-E x16 slot?

Reseating; yes... Both with my 7970 and my 680. I'll try the 2nd PCI-E slot when I get home from work.

Well; during POST; as you folks know; it shows Gen2. I dug around my nV Control Panel and it shows my card to be running Gen3.... I suppose the POST is maybe a failsafe so to speak?

Very strange... Send some screenshots of the UEFI and NV CP to Raja so he can forward them on to the powers that be.

Back