• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

z68x-ud3h-b3 oc help

merlin87

Gawd
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
964
I have this mobo with f10a bios. I have been using easytune to get everything set but I have issues with the oc sticking. If I reboot the oc will randomly disappear. Im stable right now with 4.4ghz at 1.34v and LLC set to 6.

If I add those setting in the bios and try to boot, it will boot up but then bsod when I get into windows. When I set the voltage in the bios it sets the voltage at 1.34 even when the system down clocks to 16 multiplier. How do I set the bios settings so that the voltage will vary with the load?

Also does it matter if I have my memory set to auto? It detected it at the right voltage and freq.
 
hi i have a Z68X-UD3-B3 board

and this is what I have found (after updating the bios to F11 from F6)

so blah blah blah

I seems that if you set the voltage manually or if you select "auto" while overclocking the Speedstep stuff as far as dropping idle voltage is disabled.

in my case I have no luck with 42 or 44 as the multipler while 41 43 or 45 work fine and are stable..meh

this is how I got 4.3 with EIST / Speedstep working

I selected "normal" as the voltage..this sadly disabled SVID (so in CPUZ would show it providing the 1.24V my 2500 would use for stock 3.3 operation.. this results in BSOD ..doh) so i then changed the dynamic Vcore setting to +0.10V

I set the multipler to 43 and set the turbo ratios to 43 (at first I disabled turbo..but after resuming from sleep mode the multipler would get "stuck" at 16...leaving turbo on and setting it to 43 seems to have resolved that.)

kinda torques me off as it has been more agravation getting 4.3 with the F11 bios as with the F6 bios I left the voltage on auto and it was totally stable and speedstep worked fine..but meh..


anyways that is what i did.. I may mess about and see if i can stay stable with less dynamic vcore but that is for another day.
 
This board is a bit picky about ram but I got a 2500K 4.5ghz stable with everything I can throw at it. Boots perfectly every time. Ram is 2133mhz G.skill and the bios is F10. Its picky about settings but check and see if PLL Overvoltage is enabled. I had issues when I had this enabled. Also wtih 16gb of ram you might have to increase some other voltages to get your OC stable. Make sure your not pushing the memory over its rated value.
 
My oc is stable at 4.4. Just sometimes if I restart due to software updates, the OC resets and I have to load up easytune again. Did you set your OC in easytune or did you go through the bios?
 
Back
Top