Z68 Extreme7 Gen3..Dam this looks HOT!!

Why not, they have made some awesome boards lately havent they?

Also, i thought Asrock was supposed to be Asus, cheap end line up, but now they seem to be doing more mid range, high end boards?

And a 12v 4 pin on the mobo to SLI / Xfire? would the power connections on the cards not be enough?

ASRock are moving up because ASUS itself is also moving north. With the same layout and chipset, ASRock remains less expensive than ASUS. (This also explains the Gigabyte Calamari - they feel they need nearly thirty Z68 designs to compete with ASUS+ASRock.)

For the MicroCenter fans that have bemoaned the lack of ASRock, that has, apparently, been solved, as MicroCenter now stocks most ASRock LGA1155 boards (they don't stock all of them, and this one is not in their stocks).

Can anyone tell me does Sandy Brige cpus got PCI-E 3.0 lanes onboard? or this is just another gimmick ?

Can anyone tell me does Sandy Brige cpus got PCI-E 3.0 lanes onboard? or this is just another gimmick ?

Gimmick

Quote from linked article in OP:

We'd like to pick up on something here, namely PCI Express 3.0. According to ASRock, any current 6-series motherboard should at least in theory work with PCI Express 3.0, but as soon as you involve lane switches you run into problems unless the switches are PCI Express 3.0 compliant. Sandy Bridge does not have hidden support for PCI Express 3.0 and you won't be seeing any performance advantage until Ivy Bridge comes out, or at least this is not something that ASRock has seen in their testing.

Its not a gimmick, but Sandy Bridge CPUs do not support PCI-e 3.0. Ivy bridge will support it. So you'll need an ivy bridge cpu, and a pci-e 3.0 card also.

Last edited:
Is anyone else visiting Newegg multiple times a day watching for this thing to show up? I feel like I'm addicted to the anticipation.

I know I'm anxiously awaiting it so I can finish building my BF3 rig :)

Pretty sweet motherboard. I have own only Asus motherboard since my first built and don't think I will ever switch brand because Asus been so damn stable. By the way. When the hell are they going to going to move the ATX12V power connector to somewhere else? They need to move that right next to EATXPWR connector. Always having a hell of a time trying to get around the ATX12V power connector with the big fat CPU cooling in the way.

Pretty sweet motherboard. I have own only Asus motherboard since my first built and don't think I will ever switch brand because Asus been so damn stable. By the way. When the hell are they going to going to move the ATX12V power connector to somewhere else? They need to move that right next to EATXPWR connector. Always having a hell of a time trying to get around the ATX12V power connector with the big fat CPU cooling in the way.

They aren't going to move it because that's where the mosfets that supply power to the CPU are. If they are going to move it to the other side, they're going to have to put the RAM near the I/O panel, basically mirroring the entire CPU socket and RAM area. And for some people, that would mean the big cooler would get way too close to the drive bay area.

Back