Z68 Extreme7 Gen3..Dam this looks HOT!!

Darkside

[H]ard|Gawd
Here is something to make your Bank Account/Credit Card weak in the knee's
AsRock has a new set of z68 chipset MB's coming out..This one is at the top of the food chain and dam it looks sexy as hell..(Picture credit of VR-Zone)..I had to share this one..Let me know what you think..

ASROCK!!

asrockgen37.jpg

Does the NF200 even support PCI-E 3.0? Or, is it just that the last PCI-E slot is 3.0?

gotta love the sata placement. if you have a drive cage that goes in the same spot you are fooked

I've got their z68 Pro3 and I'm happy with it.

There's a huge difference in quality between their $50 boards and their $100+ boards.

If you click on the "ASROCK" just above the motherboard you can read all about the spec and test on this HOT board

Mother of Jesus............$450!!!!:eek::eek:

Gimme an EVGA.
First of all, the price is based on the exchange rate, so more than likely, it will be a lot less than $450, more like $200-$250. Even $200 would be too expensive for this board, unless you're w/c'ing the cards, you're stuck with 3-way SLI. ASRock could have made this an XL-ATX board.

gotta love the sata placement. if you have a drive cage that goes in the same spot you are fooked

Lots of boards have been using that kind of SATA placement, especially the high-end boards, where they assume you are going to be using high-end graphics cards to match, which are very long and cover up the SATA ports, and extend way beyond the board. Any hard drive cage that's right there would be in the way of high-end graphics cards. So it's very reasonable of them to place the SATA ports in that way.

killer looking board for sure....if i wasnt running 1366 it would be on my short list...asrock has some great boards out now and they look killer...the fatality boards really catch my eye tho.....

Lots of boards have been using that kind of SATA placement, especially the high-end boards, where they assume you are going to be using high-end graphics cards to match, which are very long and cover up the SATA ports, and extend way beyond the board. Any hard drive cage that's right there would be in the way of high-end graphics cards. So it's very reasonable of them to place the SATA ports in that way.

this...

i cant use half my sata ports on my P5Q-pro because my second 6870 covers the 4 sata ports on the top row.. so im limited to only 4 sata ports and that means i cant use my ssd along with my quad raid 0 hdd arrray ive had to downsize to only 2 in raid 0 and will finally get back upto my quad when my crosshair V arrives next week.

I think the gold caps look good, but i'd never buy anything by Asrock.

Why not, they have made some awesome boards lately havent they?

Also, i thought Asrock was supposed to be Asus, cheap end line up, but now they seem to be doing more mid range, high end boards?

And a 12v 4 pin on the mobo to SLI / Xfire? would the power connections on the cards not be enough?

Why not, they have made some awesome boards lately havent they?

Also, i thought Asrock was supposed to be Asus, cheap end line up, but now they seem to be doing more mid range, high end boards?

And a 12v 4 pin on the mobo to SLI / Xfire? would the power connections on the cards not be enough?

I think Asrock..Wants to try their hand at High End Mother Boards..looks like a win to me..

Last edited:
I have a few Asrock 1156 boards and they are rock solid, have great features, and overclock just as good as any other "good" board.

This makes the Asus P8P67 I just ordered for my rig already seems outdated :(.

Trying to decide between the Extreme7 or the Z68 Fatal1ty Professional for my new build. Leaning towards the Fatal1ty.

Trying to decide between the Extreme7 or the Z68 Fatal1ty Professional for my new build. Leaning towards the Fatal1ty.

I think the Z68 Fatal1ty.is a little out there..i like the sedated look,while still being Handsome :)

I think the Z68 Fatal1ty.is a little out there..i like the sedated look,while still being Handsome :)

Yeah, I like the look of the Extreme7. Folks will give me grief for this, but I like the floppy port on the Fatality. Waiting around to see what the price will be like on the 7, though.

I'm usually a fan of minimalistic design, but I like the look of the Fatal1ty, though the BIOS screen is ugly. Not sure why AsRock uses a giant picture of Wendel's face. We get it's an "officially licensed" product from a dude that decided to whore his name out there once he got remotely famous (not that I wouldn't do the same, just saying). Do we really need to stare at his face while using the BIOS?

I'm usually a fan of minimalistic design, but I like the look of the Fatal1ty, though the BIOS screen is ugly. Not sure why AsRock uses a giant picture of Wendel's face. We get it's an "officially licensed" product from a dude that decided to whore his name out there once he got remotely famous (not that I wouldn't do the same, just saying). Do we really need to stare at his face while using the BIOS?

You can select an different BIOS screen background without the dude's face. I expect everyone with a Fatal1ty z68 board is using the other background, except one, and that's Wendel.

This board will Rock I have the Asrock Extreme4 but it will it not run 3 6970’s due to no NF200 chip that the Extreme 7 has and the only other option is the Asus flag ship board or the Gigabyte UD7 but they are so over priced compared to Asrock.. Solid boards, I had to sent 2 Asus z68 boards back after double booting problems.. Plus the Asrock will run my 16gig 1600mhz ram at 1900mhz all day long but the Asus would even try.. Can’t wait for the release

This board will Rock I have the Asrock Extreme4 but it will it not run 3 6970’s due to no NF200 chip that the Extreme 7 has and the only other option is the Asus flag ship board or the Gigabyte UD7 but they are so over priced compared to Asrock.. Solid boards, I had to sent 2 Asus z68 boards back after double booting problems.. Plus the Asrock will run my 16gig 1600mhz ram at 1900mhz all day long but the Asus would even try.. Can’t wait for the release

Pretty sure the NF200 has nothing to do with Crossfire X. Could be wrong, but don't think so.

Same here. The E7 seems a bit overkill for my needs, then again, so does the Fatal1ty, but the Fatal1ty has more of the slots that I need than the E7.

I think the gold caps look good, but i'd never buy anything by Asrock.
ASRock has come a long way in a short time. They're not all "cheap" budget boards. They've done some pretty experimental stuff with some of their boards, like the DUAL series for example. Some have wonder if they aren't a type of retail production R&D dept. for ASUS. True, they do make some real budget boards, but they definitely make some solid mid-high end boards with a lot of features and quality parts packed in for the price points. All things considered, the only thing "budget" about some of their boards is the price. I don't know how ASUS can let them compete so closely with some of their high end boards.

And unlike ASUS, you don't have to wait forever to talk to tech support. I've never waited more than 5 minutes before I was talking with an ASRock tech.

I don't know how ASUS can let them compete so closely with some of their high end boards.

Cause Asus owns them, they can decide what does and does not go into their boards, one would assume...

d
WeShipTech..... read about the boards and features.....

Cause Asus owns them, they can decide what does and does not go into their boards, one would assume...

d
WeShipTech..... read about the boards and features.....
I know ASUS owns ASRock, but some of the ASRock stuff seems to be arguably competitive with ASUS, but with better pricing.

Back