z5500 vs. klipsch pro media 5.1

Since you have both speakers why don't you tell us what one is better? :p

He's got a point. That's like having a Whopper and a Big Mac and asking which one tastes better.

z-5500 have 10" subwoofer and should have more but maybe boomier bass. klipsch have two-way satellites so have better overall sound.

Is the z5500 the whopper or the big mac.

I have the z5500 and i like them alot. The only klipsch speaker i had own were the pro media 2.1, which where great speakers. Only reason i upgraded was for the 5.1

I would take the Klipsch ones on the basis that Klipsch sounds so cool :rolleyes: .
If you can't hear any sound difference, then let things like physical appearance be taken into account.

keep the logitech woofer and controll pod,,,,as well as the klipsch satellites .
then give the klipsch woofer & controll pod with logitech satelites to your bro

i should be king solomon....lol

seriously though....id keep the klipsch . if that "big 10 inch" woofer is your hanging point remember that two 8 inch woofers have the same cone area as one 12 inch woofer (cone area not to be confused with displacement )and will have a faster (cleaner) response time.

s0ulcal12 said:
Is the z5500 the whopper or the big mac.

I have the z5500 and i like them alot. The only klipsch speaker i had own were the pro media 2.1, which where great speakers. Only reason i upgraded was for the 5.1
You mean downgraded? :D

Try them both, set up in the same place with the same volume and same music/movies/games

defenatly stick with the promedia 5.1's
i have the Klipsch and i have friends with the Logitech, and the Klipsch gives you much better control over ur bass, and has a much cleaner sounding bass... and i cant help but think that the highs are just a bit crisper too..... the major downfall of the Logitech's and any of their speaker systems really is even set on low they are just too darn bassy, and not even a bass that i like really....
Klipsch Promedia 5.1's hands down.

I think is a funny question, I think it's up to you to determine it. I hope you're going with your ears not others.

Back