I've seen the question asked before, and the response is typically that it's not worth it due to the Crossover issue.
My Xonar DX has a manual crossover section, and I confirmed with a tone generator that it does indeed work. Manual selection of crossover works through "6 Channel Direct" mode, but not in "Optical In" - the receiver over-rides to 120 with optical.
So, I'm looking for a pair of Bookshelf's in the $200 or less(less is good
) category to replace the front speakers of the Z5500's. Once I get around to building out a system, they'll probably be moved over to rear channel duty.
Any suggestions?
My Xonar DX has a manual crossover section, and I confirmed with a tone generator that it does indeed work. Manual selection of crossover works through "6 Channel Direct" mode, but not in "Optical In" - the receiver over-rides to 120 with optical.
So, I'm looking for a pair of Bookshelf's in the $200 or less(less is good
Any suggestions?