z270 mobo

I am currently using a gigabyte h170m-ds3h micro atx mobo with my i5 6600k.I would like a z270 mobo that has at least 4 fan headers,usb3.0 a and c connections,maybe one with some lighting and be able to use at least 6 hard drives.I will also be changing to a new cooler from using the stock intel cooler.

Most of them can, but check the Extreme Z270, you should be able to get all that at very good price that currently lists.

I have a great fondness for the Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1, though I think the Mark 2 is cheaper and may have the same huge number of fan headers on it. On all of your needs though, the Mark 1 surely hits all bullet points AND is amazingly durably built. Possibly the most heavily armored motherboard I've ever handled, and I've handled a few Sabertooths from previous generations. Klutzy fingers while building? No worries, you arn't gonna dent that Thermal Armor :p

The fact that it also has a backplate is extra nice. Also, the M2 port being handy to hide under a panel in the armor is just extra neat. Since the panel is vented, cooling of the M2 device is fine. The biggest downside of the Mark 1 is CPU area clearance. It is great for any AIO cooler options, but not recommended for large heatsink installs at all. Use AIO CPU cooling with this board or don't use this board at all, is my recommendation.

Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2 fan headers:

z270-mark2.png

~$70 price difference between the two, so it's up to you if the Mark 1 is worth it. I did not so I got the Mark 2. Just waiting for the spare time to transplant everything.

~$70 price difference between the two, so it's up to you if the Mark 1 is worth it. I did not so I got the Mark 2. Just waiting for the spare time to transplant everything.

I get ya. I really wasn't worried about the 70 bucks because the TUF Mark 1 was exactly what I wanted. It's the spiritual successor to the Sabertooth, my all time favorite board series. The Thermal Armor has protected my system from me enough times to honestly value it :p

Back