Z170x Gaming 3 Overclocking Problem - Bios Locked

Hey guys

Help needed desperately

I have intel i7 6400T ES CPU which i am trying to overclock with z170x gaming 3 motherboard

The motherboard came with F6 bios. I have tried f5g f5j and f5m bios with it but no matter which bios i flash the bclk oc option remain locked.

I am frustrated now. Is it even possible to overclock using this motherboard? What should i do?

Yes i have been through that thread.

My motherboard model is listed which can bclk non k processors, and i downloaded specific bios which are reported to open the bclk options. However still my oc option are locked. If they open then i may try out how much the cpu oc but without them i am still standing at zero

Yes i have been through that thread.

My motherboard model is listed which can bclk non k processors, and i downloaded specific bios which are reported to open the bclk options. However still my oc option are locked. If they open then i may try out how much the cpu oc but without them i am still standing at zero

Well, you've got an ES CPU, and they're not all created equal. Have you tried any other CPUs in this board?

Havent tried any other procs but still the overclocking features are part of motherboard only and should be available whether the processor has a locked or unlocked multiplier.

I might give a try on gaming 7 motherboard to see what happens

overclocking features are part of motherboard only and should be available whether the processor has a locked or unlocked multiplier.
umm no. that's why they are locked processors, so you cant OC. if you put a k series chip in there then the OC options would work. youre trying to force something that isn't designed to work the way you want and as stated ES chips are all different.

Back