z170 Fan Speed Issue

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
I'm dialing in my 6600k on my z170. I have a Cooler Master Nepton 140XL AIO. The block is plugged into the boards w_pump port and the radiator fan is plugged into the CPU_FAN port. I also have two other fans. All fans being used are Fractal fans.

With stock voltage and current capability at 120%, I'm using around 1.296 volts max and hitting around 85c on my cores @ 4.4. I checked my fan speeds because the system is really quiet. Using hardware monitors, I noticed all of my fans are maxing around 850 or 900 rpm. At idle they are around 600rpm.I adjusted the fan controls in uefi to set them manually to full speed and the fans still do not go higher than 900rpm.

What could I be missing to get the fans to speed up when the system is getting warm?

*Edit* Never mind. I found the Fractal fans only max out at 1000 RPM. I swapped back to the default Nepton fan which can run up to 2,000 RPM. Using DC the lowest it can turn was 1600 rpm which was too loud. I changed it to PWM and was able to drop it much lower at idle temps.

Last edited:
Back