Z-680s Front Center speaker problem.

I got this unusual problem with my set. The front center speaker wont work when connected to its position. I tested the front center with other speaker slots ( front right, left etc.) and it works fine, so there is nothing wrong with the speaker itself. All the other speakers are working and sub is working too, only front center wont work when connected. I also tried changing wires, doesn't solve the problem. I have a Creative Audigy 2. Can it be that the wire connector for the front center speaker on the subwoofer is broken? Is there a way to solve this problem without getting a new subwoofer?

Hey!!

Your post intrigued me, i had the EXACT same problem. i had just gotten the z680s, and set them up. after about two hours use at medium voluem, i hear a bit of a screech, and my center channel no longer worked. however, the center speaker worked on other channels, but no speaker worked in the center channel. bascially technical support said its a problem with the amplifier and to exchange them. of course now realizing that logitech speakers are very poor in quality, i got a set of promedia ultras and have been happy ever since. I hope this helps.

Back